Xmas project

bally4563

Having to use my leave up, so a lot of time on my hands, so finally going to get around to replacing the front subframe and overhaul the front suspension, anybody else have a project they are going to do to avoid the glut of drink and food!!!?

Fitting Projectors and Bi Xenons to my 2003 S.

Dismantled ready and will try to fit them into the oven tomorrow to loosen the lens before the turkey takes over!

Drive, Drive , & more Driving (Jan-Mar worse weather so less driving). Just did a long weekend fail foliage trip with my lady in the mountains before the snowfall. Did all my work this summer in warm weather (motor mount, wheel bearing, window register, replaced oil filler tube, oil-filter change, major service, new tires, 4-wheel laser alignment, cleaned and resealed top, cleaned leather & conditioned, detailed engine bay looked really good then I saw where Neil polished the clamps on his video so did mine and wow what a difference, I would highly recommend. Nobody but me will know. I guess it’s Kind of like a girl wearing sexy nickers makes them feel better and no one might not ever know, now that’s would be a shame) should be good for two years unless something unexpected show ups. Next year clean radiators’ coolant flush. Keep thinking about going to Joe Gibbs oil DT 40.

My wish is a Merry Christmas to all, may the New Year bring health and prosperity to all and family.

47 minutes ago, lordlee said:

CarPro C Quartz if I get the time and the weather right. 

Looks impressive, but interesting how they say at the end "Please don't try this on your own car".  Curious to see how you get on.

My xmas project is getting a run organised for the 27th Dec up into the Dales from Pool in Warfedale Shell Garage at 8am. All you have to do to mke it happen is turn up, fill up and buckle up! 

HoHoHo! 

If i A. Get the free time, the kids will be demanding my time as i work 12hr nights tues/weds/Thursdays so basically not @ home through the normal week, so Christmas is spent on full on dad dutys.

But i'd like to get my headlight refurb done, tint the reverse section on my rear lights ( i have the film tint and it will be a custom tint to follow the lines on the lights ) De-snorkel the airbox, full interior vac and carpet scrub, wash and winter wax coat.

I predict i'll get NONE of these done thou...

Return interior to factory. New tunnel, refurbish and refit door cards, refit newly acquired 'Nokia' speakers (I know I'm the only person who'll ever do this!), then try and source best 'sport shifter'. I've been trying to log in to 986forum to get one from a chap on there, but for some reason (despite never having posted) it won't let me in.

What's the best (cost/quality) short shifter? I'm well aware there are loads to be had on eBay.

Then the a/c unit needs replacing (LCD screen gone) - is there a 'swap' service anywhere for these, rather than just buying refurbed ones?

Sorry for the questions, I'm sure I'll get told to start my own thread!

AaS

13 minutes ago, allatsea said:

Return interior to factory. New tunnel, refurbish and refit door cards, refit newly acquired 'Nokia' speakers (I know I'm the only person who'll ever do this!), then try and source best 'sport shifter'. I've been trying to log in to 986forum to get one from a chap on there, but for some reason (despite never having posted) it won't let me in.

What's the best (cost/quality) short shifter? I'm well aware there are loads to be had on eBay.

Then the a/c unit needs replacing (LCD screen gone) - is there a 'swap' service anywhere for these, rather than just buying refurbed ones?

AaS

I found the Epman short shifter to be spot on - will need adjusting to make it better for RHD (as they are set up for LHD), but absolutely one of the best things I did on mine, regardless of bang for buck.   

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EPMAN-SHORT-SHIFTER-QUICK-GEAR-SHIFTER-KIT-QUICKER-SHIFT-for-Porsche-911-996-Turbo-AWD-Boxster/1507379812.html

Mine arrived in about 7 days.  There's a how to for fitting it in the relevant section on here

3 hours ago, allatsea said:

AaS

You can get a LCD repair kit for the 986 Ac controller.

I did mine last Christmas, quite expensive at £60 but it fits and works perfectly ?

4 minutes ago, allatsea said:

Thanks for all the replies.

What does 'adjusting for RHD' actually mean?

AaS

The gear lever has a bend in it, so that neutral naturally leans towards the driver a little.  To make it suitable for right hand drive (RHD), you unbolt it and then bolt it back on 180 degrees.  I didn't notice it the first time I did it, so had to redo my all over again.

20160813_163515_HDR.jpg

On 29/12/2016 at 9:45 AM, cj225 said:

The gear lever has a bend in it, so that neutral naturally leans towards the driver a little.  To make it suitable for right hand drive (RHD), you unbolt it and then bolt it back on 180 degrees.  I didn't notice it the first time I did it, so had to redo my all over again.

20160813_163515_HDR.jpg

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Loz987 said:

50a845e00a779db27e2af2d4ee6aeba1.jpg 

I guess you got that meme for Christmas? :unsure: Hopefully you'll wear it out soon.  ^_^ 

Drove the 986 for the first time in a couple of months over Christmas, I had forgotten how good the short shifter is, definitely the best vfm mod you can make

Archived