Major Service

718as

I would be astonished and dismayed if something as basic as a wheel alignment and tracking check wasn't carried out on an Approved Used car.  If not, then it makes a mockery of the assurance that:

• Approved Porsches meet exacting standards both aesthetically and mechanically

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 718as said:

Anyone?

Sorry.  Coolant depends on what the system has been charged with.  I think it should all be pink/red by now,which are 5 years between changes.

As for the drive belt, I'm not sure there is a service tolerance on them.  Usually it's a visual inspection and if it is cracked, replace it.

On 01/01/2017 at 10:49 AM, martyn said:

Doesn't the OPC menu pricing include VAT? As VAT isn't mentioned in the pricing schedule I assume therefore that it's inc VAT.....

I just booked my 2015 in for its first service.  Quoted £495 + £95(brake fluid) vat inclusive from Sheffield OPC.   480 + 95 from Wilmslow OPC.  So those prices online do include VAT.

No PCGB discount offered though.

3 hours ago, Greenman said:

I just booked my 2015 in for its first service.  Quoted £495 + £95(brake fluid) vat inclusive from Sheffield OPC.   480 + 95 from Wilmslow OPC.  So those prices online do include VAT.

No PCGB discount offered though.

Thanks Greenman for update, it seems they can almost print their own money?

6 hours ago, CMA said:

Interesting Sheffield quoting more than the Fixed Price servicing listed on the Porsche website (£485) which is directly linked from their own Sheffield Porsche website.

Yeh I wonder if Sheffield actually gave me the correct figures, maybe the 95 from the brake fluid change got mixed with the service cost and she just gave me 495 accidentally. Either way I've booked at Wilmslow.  Disappointingly though Wilmslow have no Porsche loan cars (Jag, merc and BMW apparently).

That's a shame. Already checked with Sheffield and they should have an 718 S PDK available for me when I handover the credit card in March/April interested to compare them to the 981

3 minutes ago, Greenman said:

Yeh I wonder if Sheffield actually gave me the correct figures, maybe the 95 from the brake fluid change got mixed with the service cost and she just gave me 495 accidentally. Either way I've booked at Wilmslow.  Disappointingly though Wilmslow have no Porsche loan cars (Jag, merc and BMW apparently).

If you push them they will give you 10% discount on servicing and parts.

Edinburgh OPC do this for me and I'm not in PCGB.

Just been through the Major service myself and it is quite a price but its also a fair amount of work when the 981 is 4 years of age.

Major Service

Spark Plugs

Brake Fluid

Drive Belt Check

I emailed three dealers closest to me and asked them for their best price. As doing all this work together will actually save them time, rather than individually. One OPC dropped their price by £386 which made it only marginally more expensive than a Reputable Third Party. 

3 minutes ago, 981Ad said:

Just been through the Major service myself and it is quite a price but its also a fair amount of work when the 981 is 4 years of age.

Major Service

Spark Plugs

Brake Fluid

Drive Belt Check

I emailed three dealers closest to me and asked them for their best price. As doing all this work together will actually save them time, rather than individually. One OPC dropped their price by £386 which made it only marginally more expensive than a Reputable Third Party. 

I don't think its a fair amount of work. It will take them about half a day & the drive belt check will take them about a minute if the cover is already off (which it should be for the other work)

I did negotiate with the dealer for the first service on the 981 and saved about £250 which I was happy with but I did get a call while they had the car recommending a couple of hundred pounds of optional stuff which I declined.

3 minutes ago, topradio said:

.......but I did get a call while they had the car recommending a couple of hundred pounds of optional stuff which I declined.

Why am I not surprised they tried this. :rolleyes:

Archived