What should be in a 986 tool kit ?

myfirstboxster

5 minutes ago, Richard Hamilton said:

I don't know about a groundsheet, 

I knew a groundsheet once.  A bit like a moped.  Fun to ride, but you wouldn't want your mates to see you with it. ;) 

Locking Wheel nut adaptor?  also my spare wheel was secured by a 15mm nut (I think originally it should have been a wing nut?) I now carry a 15mm spanner in the kit too! glad i spotted this before I got a puncture!

I also carry a tire plug kit, a compact air compressor, my old polyrib engine belt (as an emergency spare), and a spare ignition switch in the front trunk. :) 

I carry my phone which has the number of my insurers preferred breakdown recovery  folks. I have a spare wheel which I keep meaning to remove as it is not likely to be used. The one puncture I had I resolved with a can of tyre goo. Hope never to have another, but I've got another can ?

8 minutes ago, Loz987 said:

I carry my phone which has the number of my insurers preferred breakdown recovery  folks. I have a spare wheel which I keep meaning to remove as it is not likely to be used. The one puncture I had I resolved with a can of tyre goo. Hope never to have another, but I've got another can ?

In the 986, Porsche stated that the spare tire is actually an integral part of the crash protection in severe frontal impacts. I leave it there just in case. 

http://a.renn-list.com/Keep-the-spare-tire-in-for-safety-reasons_10445530.html

I have a pair of garden style gloves in the front and a warning triangle in the spare wheel cover. Also have an old car mat in the boot in case you ever need to crawl under or if the worst comes to the worst and you are stuck on muddy ground you can stick it under the wheel. Also have one of those Velcro backed pouches which normally carries 1L oil pinched from old company cars. Got some tape, spare fuses and a screw driver with detachable bits in there. Also have a first aid kit wedged to the right and behind the spare wheel again pinched from company cars. 

46 minutes ago, edc said:

I have a pair of garden style gloves in the front and a warning triangle in the spare wheel cover. Also have an old car mat in the boot in case you ever need to crawl under or if the worst comes to the worst and you are stuck on muddy ground you can stick it under the wheel. Also have one of those Velcro backed pouches which normally carries 1L oil pinched from old company cars. Got some tape, spare fuses and a screw driver with detachable bits in there. Also have a first aid kit wedged to the right and behind the spare wheel again pinched from company cars. 

Hi. I am  fleet manager based in Surrey / Hampshire. Is it possible we could have a chat?

19 minutes ago, JohnnyUK said:

Hi. I am  fleet manager based in Surrey / Hampshire. Is it possible we could have a chat?

Drop me a PM. 

Most of the bits I refer to are all part of a standard "kit" bag from Lex or Leaseplan. There's a few other bits in there like a high viz, space blanket, mechanical torch and in some old ones a camera, ice scraper, can of de-icer, standard off the shelf bulb kit (some which I'm sure would never fit the car) and probably a few bits I forget. 

along with the standard 986 toolkit, I also carry a porsche first aid kit, spare bulbs, the 1ltr oil pouch, amazon electric power pack for charging smart phones and stuff that can also jump start the car oh and two folding chairs in matching guards red :)

Nobody gonna own up to reading the Tesco price ticket? 

There's a "packing" joke in there waiting to be given life... 

honestly, I set them up... someone needs to take them down, people?

7 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Nobody gonna own up to reading the Tesco price ticket? 

There's a "packing" joke in there waiting to be given life... 

honestly, I set them up... someone needs to take them down, people?

If you want it taken down, I can remove it. <_< 

I have been reliably informed that Tesco haven't used those price integrity labels for at least 6 years, but they would have used 'ass' rather than 'assorted' to make a description fit the label.

I used to buy the Animals of Farthing Wood magazine with my pocket money/parent begging skills when I was very young.

It used to show as "Animal Fart" on the receipt.  No jokes.

I think most of them must be intention-accidental by the bods who do all the inventory management.

Archived