Reply from Blackcircles.com!

martyn

Just had this amusing reply from a gentleman called Lee from Blackcircles tyres regarding rim protection on the Goodyear F1 tyres.......

Blackcircles.com Customer Support
Blackcircles.com Support

Your request has been updated - please see the content below. If you would like to reply to this email, please do so above the line.
Please note that our offices are closed from the afternoon of the 24th December to the 28th December and the afternoon of 31st December through to the 3rd January. 

Lee, Jan 3, 10:51 GMT:

Dear Sir,

thank you for your enquiry,

Having checked the tyres you are enquiring for, The front tyre unfortunately do not come with rim protection as standard where the rear tyres do.

I am unable to offer the front tyres with a rim protection.

I apologise for any incontinence.

Kind regards

Lee 
Sales Executive
T: 01721 725052
E: lee.hanson@blackcircles.com

This email is a service from Blackcircles.com Customer Support.
Tyre Safe blackcircles_blank.gif blackcircles_blank.gif
Blackcircles Facebook page Blackcircles on Twitter Blackcircles.com on Linked In Follow Blackcircles at Google+

I spotted the typo on the second read, For those not seeing it, read the apology sentence again!

I know I'm getting on a bit but not quite as old as that?

Prize for the best comments.......

Incontinence aside, how good are Goodyear tyres or do they lead to one shyateting themselves?

Thinking of getting them on my 987, considerably cheaper for a full set than Michelins.

Cheers.

Try Wembley Tyres. He'll bite your head off and call you names, but can't be beaten on price in my experience. Anyone who's shopped there will know what I'm taking about. :)

16 hours ago, boxsternoob56 said:

there is another thread somewhere...I swapped Pirelli's for Goodyear's and have no regrets

How's the wear?,  my pirellis are still oe on the front at 22k with 3.5mm showing. Rears were changed at 18.5K.

44 minutes ago, T24RES said:

How's the wear?,  my pirellis are still oe on the front at 22k with 3.5mm showing. Rears were changed at 18.5K.

hard to gauge as for at least 4/5 months I have the winter tyres on...I would say they aren't wearing any worse than the Pirelli's (or Michelin PS's I used to have on the 987)

FWIW I never used to get more than around 15000 miles on rears anyway...at a guess I got the equivalent (ish) of this on the Pirelli's and would expect the same from the Goodyear's...

I have had the car for 3yrs 3 mths, done 28000 miles and had a set of Pirelli's from new, replaced by the Goodyear's sometime last spring (?) and run the winter's for two years in the midst of that (4/5 months each time). The Goodyear's are likely to last me all of this year (when they go back on in Spring) and probably need replacing Spring 2018, the winters maybe to be replaced Dec 2017 when they go back on again...if any of that helps you gauge it!

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, T24RES said:

Just got 18k out of my rears.  Fronts will be replaced in the spring with about 20k on them, although they probably have another 5k in them.

I want to migrate over to N rated Goodyears from Bridgestone, my rears have about 3 to 4mm tread the fronts about 6mm so obviously I will be changing the rears first, is it ok to put a pair of Goodyears on the rear, keeping the Bridgestones on the front, then changing the fronts over to Goodyears when worn to 2 to 3mm?

In effect driving for a period with 2x axle pairs, Goodyears on the rear and Bridgestones on the front.

Archived