Michelin pilot sport 4 vs Pirelli P Zero Rosso

C11RJC

I am obviously missing something here and am going to look dumb but I got to ask the question, Blackcircles shows N rating as up to 87 mph and recommends Y rating (186mph) for the S, Are you guys talking about something different?

235/35 R19 Y (91) N2

235= Width of tyre

35= Side wall Percentage

R= Radial

19= Diamenter

Y= Speed rating

91= Load rating

N2= Porsche Approved (there are N0, N1 , N2 , N3 and will probably go on as tyres are developed ) 

More and more manufactures such as Mercedes, Audi & Bmw are working with tyre companies to produce tyres for there cars.

7 hours ago, sential said:

N rating means the tyre has been designed with the input of Porsche and therefore has their approval. The Black Circles N is for the speed rating of the tyre and so yes, they are different

Jeez they really do their best to confuse us poor suckers don't they? Many thanks for that explanation sential

Terry

14 hours ago, spyderman8 said:

I'm having trouble finding a place that lists PS4s for both front and rears for 18" on a 986S. I normally use Event Tyres as they're cheap and will fit them anywhere.

Black Circles did the correct sizes for 18" wheels on a 986S for me back in October. I usually find they are the cheapest around Oxford area.

7 hours ago, Boxster-Al said:

Black Circles did the correct sizes for 18" wheels on a 986S for me back in October. I usually find they are the cheapest around Oxford area.

Doesn't appear to be the case now: fronts yes, rears no.

7 hours ago, spyderman8 said:

Doesn't appear to be the case now: fronts yes, rears no.

I am after 265/35 R18 Y. I've just double checked and they are £165 each fitted. I'm not in oxford though. 

I understand PS4 replaces the PS2. The PSS is still going but will be phased out with a new PS4S.

PS3 is not an evolution of PS2.

54 minutes ago, edc said:

I understand PS4 replaces the PS2. The PSS is still going but will be phased out with a new PS4S.

PS3 is not an evolution of PS2.

My understanding is the PS4 is much more similar to the PSS range, I've read it in a few places, have a look at the comments here:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4-First-Drive.htm

PS4's will be my replacements when the time comes, don't care about n* ratings as the tyre technology moves on so quickly.

Just waiting for my mismatched Bridgestone and Dunlops to wear out....

5 hours ago, PaulQ said:

Try searching by size, not reg number, as they do have both.

I see what happens: searching by number plate gives the rears as 265/40/18, which aren't available, whereas 265/35/18 are. Thanks.

2 hours ago, spyderman8 said:

I see what happens: searching by number plate gives the rears as 265/40/18, which aren't available, whereas 265/35/18 are. Thanks.

That's giving you a 987 size rather than 986.

15 minutes ago, spyderman8 said:

What size should I be looking for then?

Sorry, I meant their automatic selector did wrong, not you.  You're quite right in selecting 265/35-18 for the 986

Archived