On axle stands for 5 days

Muddy

Hi all, having my rear alloys refurb next week does anyone know of any issues of leaving the rear of the car on axle stands on the jacking points for 5 days. Will be on flat ground and obviously will chock front wheels. Cheers.

No, I can't think why there would be, it what they're designed for. Just taken mine for a spin after a couple of weeks on axle stands. Just remember to torque the wheel nuts when you put them back on?

If done properly it shouldn't cause any problems at all. It may be a good idea to get 4 of these to make sure that the load is spread correctly on the jacking points.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-Porsche-Jack-Pad-Polyurethane-911-964-993-996-7-991-Boxster-Cayman-UK-MADE-/252805708828?hash=item3adc64fc1c:g:0lwAAOSwxp9W5y1U

Mine are alloy but I rather like the plastic ones. 

Thanks all my mind can rest now my plan is to trolley jack where the suspension connects to frame as seen on a you tube video  jack up then place axle stand. if the car sits higher on the rear as axles a little higher than when car level on wheels guess no issues. Cheers 

1 hour ago, topradio said:

If done properly it shouldn't cause any problems at all. It may be a good idea to get 4 of these to make sure that the load is spread correctly on the jacking points.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-Porsche-Jack-Pad-Polyurethane-911-964-993-996-7-991-Boxster-Cayman-UK-MADE-/252805708828?hash=item3adc64fc1c:g:0lwAAOSwxp9W5y1U

Mine are alloy but I rather like the plastic ones. 

I just bought one of these from another eBay seller for £6.99 each I think. Good idea.

Put puck under wiper arm, and then lever against the puck with a screwdriver.

not so much of an issue with the Box, but saves prostration and possible facial damage when doing a rear wiper on a hatchback.

55 minutes ago, mike597 said:

How do you lever a wiper arm with a hockey puck?  I can't picture that at all. 

Limber up then throw it at the windscreen :D 

Archived