Zunsport Grilles???

michelin

5 hours ago, jason3.2s said:

Are threre any OPC's that see that the Zunsports void the warranty on the car.

I remember reading that someone mentioned an OPC Manager saying not a problem but is anyone aware of which (if any) say its a no no?

I am fed up with the leaves in the 981 radiator and also had to get new condensers on my previous 987 due to leaves and stones.

I was advised by one of the service managers at OPC Silverstone last year that they would invalidate the warranty if for example something overheated (gearbox) and caused a problem, they may point to the Zunsports. This was a conversation in the car park. When it went for the two year service, they did not mention the grills at all.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ringer250 said:

I was advised by one of the service managers at OPC Silverstone last year that they would invalidate the warranty if for example something overheated (gearbox) and caused a problem, they may point to the Zunsports. This was a conversation in the car park. When it went for the two year service, they did not mention the grills at all.

said similar to me, tend to turn a blind eye to them but I was advised to remove them for the warranty renewal inspection...

anyway hers is a silver 981S with black grills (sides and the centre too)...

008afterfull10.jpg

and with just the outsides done

005LRnotcentre2.jpg

I prefer to hide as much of the shyatety black plastic as possible...it looks a lot worse without the centre when the car is dirty...I don't remember feeling the same about the black plastic on the 987...

5 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Black definitely -  but no reason to fit the centre one unless you have a GTS which has an additional central cooling radiator to protect.

No centre one just looks incomplete or like one is missing. To me anyways

6 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

No centre one just looks incomplete or like one is missing. To me anyways

Yes, I can understand that, but I only fitted two to my 981 base model. and to be honest it took a keen eye to notice the lack of the centre one!

10 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Yes, I can understand that, but I only fitted two to my 981 base model. and to be honest it took a keen eye to notice the lack of the centre one!

Also true. 99% of people wouldn't notice at all.

1 hour ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Ordered outer grills for my 718 , £250 without any discount , £50 more than a 981!!!

Price based on perceived ability to pay, rather than cost of manufacture plus profit margin, I would guess.  What's another  £250 to someone who has just shelled out £60k for the car?  ?

I made a similar comment about the cost if the grilles for my 981 vs the 987.

29 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Price based on perceived ability to pay, rather than cost of manufacture plus profit margin, I would guess.  What's another  £250 to someone who has just shelled out £60k for the car?  ?

I made a similar comment about the cost if the grilles for my 981 vs the 987.

I call that taking advantage. All be it, is that just good business pricing to the demographic? 

Were there no discount codes applicable to the 718 bits?

1 hour ago, Jason986S said:

I call that taking advantage. All be it, is that just good business pricing to the demographic? 

Were there no discount codes applicable to the 718 bits?

The discount is universal, not model specific

On 24/03/2017 at 9:06 PM, boxsternoob56 said:

said similar to me, tend to turn a blind eye to them but I was advised to remove them for the warranty renewal inspection...

anyway hers is a silver 981S with black grills (sides and the centre too)...

008afterfull10.jpg

and with just the outsides done

005LRnotcentre2.jpg

Any chance you have a picture of the front end taken a bit further away.

I have the outer set fitted to my 987 Gen 2 but they go over the horizontal vanes and not behind them. Black on a black car so don't spoil it too much. I would have preferred to have them behind the vanes but that was not how they worked. I bought the centre but did not fit it. 

Archived