Adrian Flux - Avoid!

I've just been royally screwed by Adrian Flux, I renewed my policy on the Cossie on 28th March as I had no idea when the car would sell. Sold the car today, refund of policy from Adrian Flux came to £209, so in effect I paid £181 for 17 days insurance. No wonder the customer services person sounded very embarrassed.

Avoid like the plague.

Their cancellation and admin fee's are hefty. But it is all laid out on the paperwork to be fair and clear (even if expensive). I used them for 2 years on my previously heavily modified import car. But left them for the Porsche as I got ample cover for a 3rd of the price elsewhere. Their service and call handlers were always spot on. Efficient and knowledgable, even if a rip off in charges as and when.

54 minutes ago, Mike-P said:

I've just been royally screwed by Adrian Flux, I renewed my policy on the Cossie on 28th March as I had no idea when the car would sell. Sold the car today, refund of policy from Adrian Flux came to £209, so in effect I paid £181 for 17 days insurance. No wonder the customer services person sounded very embarrassed.

Avoid like the plague.

I had a similar experience with More Than last year when I sold the F-Type convertible after two months and bought my 981.  The premium for the Jaguar was around £230.  The quote to change to the Boxster for the remaining ten months was an ADDITIONAL £380!!!  Needless to remark,  I cancelled the policy and took the hit, then insured the Boxster with Saga for £230.

Their business model seems to be something along the lines of "Lure 'em in with cheap quotes for new customers, then gouge their eyes out once you've got 'em."  Nice...?

I had a similar problem recently - not Adrian Flux though.

I sent a polite and brief e mail to there customer services pointing out that I had effectively paid a lot of money for a couple of months insurance after taking the cancellation fee into account.

I got a phone call back and they made an offer - to make amends - which I accepted - give it a try and keep it polite and to the point......

Good Luck!

+1 had this before with Flux - I was younger so the cancellation was several hundred.  

Didn't pay though - advised the rude and unpleasant gent on the phone to go somewhere else.  They're probably still looking for it some 10 years later :whistle1:

I was paying for two policies until I changed provider on my daily and they agreed to cover my weekender on a multi car policy. My new multi car costs less than either of my previous single car policies. I really hope I don't have to shop around next year at renewal time. 

2 hours ago, Mike-P said:

My bad, sorry guys I thought this was in the Insurance section

It is now.
I can't blame it on you being new around here so I'll have to put it down to age. ;)

Cheers @Gutley

Archived