New Car !

Steve Laming

Today I collected my new (to me) Porsche Boxster 986 2.7. Manual Gearbox.

It's a 2001 model with approx 85k on the clock.

Silver/Black Sports Seats.

Seller was a really nice chap who did a lot of preventative maintenance as well as usual servicing, mostly with JZM.

Loads of receipts all filed neatly in date order and a fully stamped up service book.

Massive thanks to Boxob for popping over and showing me I did indeed fit in a manual g/box car. 

Still smiling : )

22 minutes ago, kev911 said:

very nice mate  you modifying it at all or keeping standard and enjoying

It's very original, so would like to keep it that way. I don't mind the pre-facelift lights, so they will stay.

It runs on huge 18" Turbo alloys with 225/40 & 265/35 tyres. The ride is, well.....lets just say it's not like a Merc S Class, lol.

I do like the X spoke design, GT3 ???  wheels (Boxob has). So this might happen in the future. Although the ones on it fill the arches nicely, and the grip generated (on the test drive by the previous owner) is very high.

yeh I kinda like the pre facelift lights too mate, too many people dismiss them  and upgrade. I'm with you on the gt3 design too but also like the Porsche turbo twists too

31 minutes ago, Steve Laming said:

I do like the X spoke design, GT3 ???  wheels (Boxob has). So this might happen in the future. Although the ones on it fill the arches nicely, and the grip generated (on the test drive by the previous owner) is very high.

Sport Classic 17" wheels 7" front 9" rear all 55ET. I think they suit the car well but are a bu99er to clean!

Lovely looking car ?

I think keeping it standard sounds like a plan but if you fancy changing your wheels there's plenty of choices. The 986 suits lots of styles of wheels so it's quite easy to personalise it with out ruining the look of the car!

I like the ones you already have ?

Archived