Early(ish) 986 needed please for magazine photo shoot July 18!!

motornoter

Hi all

I write buying guides for the main classic car magazines in UK, and my next subject is the 986 Boxster! 

I need your help, please, to find a good representative car to photograph for the article. The owner who helps out will get a CD of photos and copies of the mag when it's published - plus the kudos of seeing your car in a major mag photo shoot! BUT it's quite short notice (sorry) and we need a few hours of your time on a weekday, in one part of the country, so it's not going to suit everyone - and only some colours will work for the shoot. Here's what we need, please....

1. Earlyish car, ideally pre-2000

2. Located in central southern England (basically anywhere to the south of Birmingham, east of Bristol, west of London) so that I and the photographer can get to you reasonably easily. Could be a bit further away if you're happy to come to us.

3. Available on the morning of Tuesday, July 18. We normally come to you around 10am and it takes around 3 hours to take all the photos we need. As well as static and detail photos, there will be some driving shots, with you driving your car, and a portrait of you as the owner (used very small in the mag, so no need to be shy!)

4. Car needs to be in good condition and visibly standard specification, including under the bonnet (minor mods considered, but ideally to be representative of standard spec)

5. Car needs to be a bright colour, as it needs to stand out when opening pics are cut out against a white background. White is an obvious no-no, and experience shows silver goes very flat when cut out. Ideal colours are a good bright red, blue, yellow or green. 

Please get in touch if you'd like to help! Either here, or direct on 07711 901811. Thanks.

Malcolm

Great opportunity for someone!

About 6 years ago my ZX9R was used for a 6 page article in Performance Bikes and was also on the front cover, made me very proud so I'd recommend someone snap this opportunity up :)

What a great opportunity! 

If only I wasn't in the wrong part of the country, unavailable on week days, my car wasn't silver, and too new!! :rolleyes:

Someone will come along soon surely.

My 986 may fit this requirement, its a pastel yellow (quite rare and one of the colours used in the launch brochures) 1998 2.5 and to the untrained eye quite standard. However it has a soft top from a later car with a glass screen and the dash has been replaced with a facelift one with a glove box. In other respects its fairly standard, done about 80K, has a full service history, a large A4 folder bulging with provenance and I have owned it from new.

Edit - I have just remembered that I have changed both the front and rear lights for the facelift 'clear' ones which, I feel, compliment the cars colour better as the standard ambers clashed with the yellow.

Mine was used for a photo shoot reviewing all boxsters through the ages, it was featured on the front cover of 911 & Porsche Mag along with the others (see profile pic)

mine is an early 1997, in the classic silver with boxster red interior, very original, even has the original cassette player, only mod is a new roof in red.

im based about 40 mins from Bristol near Marlborough and Cara is available on the 18th.

happy to help.

Mine 

A 99 2.5 in zenith blue good condition esp in photos all standard with a few extra silver bits inside from factory black full leather and much money spent getting oily bits right

Live in Swindon 

Cheers

IMG-20170605-WA0004.jpg

Thanks, guys

JVR's car ticks all the boxes for us, THANK YOU!! 

Just to clarify, the Pastel yellow is lovely in normal life but goes a bit flat against a white background, same with silver - the Zenith Blue though should make the photographer's life easy!

Thanks for the terrific response on this forum - one of the best I've ever come across!

Malcolm

3 hours ago, Jvr said:

Mine 

A 99 2.5 in zenith blue good condition esp in photos all standard with a few extra silver bits inside from factory

IMG-20170605-WA0004.jpg

That's a bloody big rear spoiler though...

W registration Viola 3.2 S in Marlborough available. Lovely background of Silbury hill or Avebury......

R

• 4 weeks later...

One to look out for! 

That colour looks so different depending on the light! I've come to really like it. 

Helps when it's outside your house every damn day...

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:04 AM, motornoter said:

Thanks, guys

JVR's car ticks all the boxes for us, THANK YOU!! 

Just to clarify, the Pastel yellow is lovely in normal life but goes a bit flat against a white background, same with silver - the Zenith Blue though should make the photographer's life easy!

Thanks for the terrific response on this forum - one of the best I've ever come across!

Malcolm

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Jvr said:

Just an update

My Boxster is in the October edition of Classic and Sportscar out now

Cheers

P

Thanks for the heads-up. Will get a copy tomorrow. For me Zenith Blue is the best colour offered on the 986

26 minutes ago, Jvr said:

Just an update

My Boxster is in the October edition of Classic and Sportscar out now

Cheers

P

Saw it on your dashboard at Bicester yesterday - figured it was the car mentioned in this thread.

Archived