GTS pricing coming down?

718as

I don't know if people are actively offloading diesels or not but it's not just the emissions issues that have knocked diesels, many people are also becoming wise to the DPF issues that are prevalent in diesels that aren't doing enough mileage. Here's a recent Macan thread on the issue.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=48&t=1689634

This isn't specific to Porsche though, it seems hybrid petrols are probably the near future until some such scandal on battery longevity or similar. Either way the Macan/Cayanne are here to stay.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the cars currently for sale on the likes of autotrader and pistonheads, I don't see any evidence of 981 GTS prices softening.

That's one of the cheapest GTS's.

Most seem to be almost at new pricing.  IIRC a base GTS was £55k ?

although I struggled to get one under 62K on the configurator !

There were GTS available last year in the mid 50s range. I bought a well specced S this time last year and considered a GTS at the time but I didn't consider the extra 8k value for essentially the same car. I had two or three choices in the 55-58k range. Those two examples above neither has the GTS interior and for GTS they aren't particularly well specced (obviously all GTS are well specced so it's all relative). 

5 hours ago, 718as said:

I was told by an OPC that owners are getting rid of their diesels.

They say all sorts of stuff to keep you interested and keep the conversation going. When I looked at the 981 it was the best car much better than the 718 . When looked at the 718 instead yes it's much more modern power delivery etc etc . They say what they want you too hear. 

5 hours ago, 718as said:

That's a decent spec but not a particularly generous one.

black metallic paint 558, PDK 2351, Bose 801, folding mirrors 203, park assist 599, heated seats 284, PCM w/phone 2600 so perhaps 7,400 in options. So 60,300 new?

These are far from halo cars so I'm not surprised at the decrease to almost as new pricing, also since most dealers like to add on 8 or 9 grand or so that makes them 42k at trade for a low spec one so they seem to be following the same depreciation of high end s models.... albeit they had a 12 month period where they dropped very little.

when i I was purchasing my last car my dealer mentioned he has a few gts caymans coming in and the owners were capitalising on the low depreciation and jumping into used 911 s cars for just a bit more. 

48 minutes ago, 718as said:

Disagree, I went in with my 981 and they gave me a 718 to test for a few days, sales man told me before I took the 718 to stick with the 981, and that he would have one over the 718.

I'm the other way round

dropped my 981 in for a service and bought the 718 they lent me as a demo.  

Also my my salesman said the same about my 981 when He knew I was set on it and probably couldn't move much budget wise…… they just tell you what you need to hear about what you are looking at.  I wouldnt take take it as gospel lol. 

Hmmmm I was told the same when ordering my panamera ie "keep the gts". That was after I asked them why they had x5 new 718 boxsters sat in the showroom for sale. Ps they knew budget was not an issue and it's the first time ever a salesman has given up the opportunity to try to get me to change one of my cars.

Ps my GTS would cost me more than i paid for it from an OPC but i would agree average prices have softened very slightly and will no doubt do so again over winter. They willhowever be very very cheap motoring if you get the right spec.

On 14/08/2017 at 6:19 PM, jason3.2s said:

If I was spending £55k on a Boxster now I think I would wait for a new 718GTS rather than a 3 year old Boxster 981GTS.

Think the sound would not put most people offer with a new quicker car vs a 3 year old car.

And you sir are porsches dream customer, congratulations.

The 981 GTS will appeal to a different type of buyer ;-) 

On 13/08/2017 at 2:54 PM, MIkeyv60 said:

Dealers were jumping on the bandwagon and charging a big premium and got away with it, people then thought i can get a good return so sold as well. Now its settled down prices will accordingly .

With only around 350 sold there is always around 20 for sale at any one time which is actually a high %. If you traded one though you would be in for a bit of a shock.

Funny I've not seen more than 10-11 for sale at any one time over the past 6 months, certainly nowhere near 20. There are less for sale now than when I was looking last year.

18 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

Hmmmm I was told the same when ordering my panamera ie "keep the gts". That was after I asked them why they had x5 new 718 boxsters sat in the showroom for sale. Ps they knew budget was not an issue and it's the first time ever a salesman has given up the opportunity to try to get me to change one of my cars.

Touchy subject …… 

4 hours ago, 718as said:

Disagree, I went in with my 981 and they gave me a 718 to test for a few days, sales man told me before I took the 718 to stick with the 981, and that he would have one over the 718.

Like I said say what they want you to hear.

2 hours ago, Jonttt said:

Funny I've not seen more than 10-11 for sale at any one time over the past 6 months, certainly nowhere near 20. There are less for sale now than when I was looking last year.

Well 13 for sale at the moment on autotrader and that doesn't include all of opc for sale or piston heads.  Sounds like already more than 10 to 11 and been like that for most if the year. So that is quite funny yes you are right.

I was going to wait for a 718GTS. I drove the 718S and was very impressed with the performance but not the Subaru sound. However when Portsmouth got a yellow 981 GTS with just about the spec I would have chosen I just had to have it. A test drive sold it for me. Whilst not quite as fast as a 718S (and certainly not the upcoming 718GTS)the sound and feel good factor for me were so much better. I paid £60K 4 months ago for a well specced 2015 car with 7,000 miles. A 718GTS I was told would be at that kind of spec about £70K. I love it to bits, so much better than my 981 which I felt under powered. TBH you can`t really use any more power on todays busy roads and even at road legal speeds the GTS sounds awesome and in yellow with black pack turns so many heads. Poser ? yep !

18 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Well 13 for sale at the moment on autotrader and that doesn't include all of opc for sale or piston heads.  Sounds like already more than 10 to 11 and been like that for most if the year. So that is quite funny yes you are right.

Autotrader usually has most of the OPC cars on it anyway. At the moment there are 7 OPC cars 6 of which are part of the 11 on autotrader so that's 12 total between OPC and autrotrader.

Archived