GTS pricing coming down?

718as

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Carmine said:

Can't help but wonder if GTS prices are very spec dependent? Is there demand for a poverty spec GTS (no climate, no Bose etc)?

If it's supposed to be more of a track focussed model, then there should be!!

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

If it's supposed to be more of a track focussed model, then there should be!!

The GTS is not a track focused model by any stretch of the imagination! In standard form it has far to many heavy extras on it for that role.

It was intended as a highly specced, final edition run out model with slightly more power and modified front end to differentiate it from the standard 981S.

14 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

The GTS is not a track focused model by any stretch of the imagination! In standard form it has far to many heavy extras on it for that role.

It was intended as a highly specced, final edition run out model with slightly more power and modified front end to differentiate it from the standard 981S.

And it's a cabrio - a serious track rat would be in a Cayman GTS or GT4.

Dealers were jumping on the bandwagon and charging a big premium and got away with it, people then thought i can get a good return so sold as well. Now its settled down prices will accordingly .

With only around 350 sold there is always around 20 for sale at any one time which is actually a high %. If you traded one though you would be in for a bit of a shock.

2 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Dealers were jumping on the bandwagon and charging a big premium and got away with it, people then thought i can get a good return so sold as well. Now its settled down prices will accordingly .

With only around 350 sold there is always around 20 for sale at any one time which is actually a high %. If you traded one though you would be in for a bit of a shock.

Hmm...not so sure about that. I had my GTS for sale on Autotrader at £53,000 and had several offers of £50,000 from motor dealers.

Decided to keep it in the end!

3 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Hmm...not so sure about that. I had my GTS for sale on Autotrader at £53,000 and had several offers of £50,000 from motor dealers.

Decided to keep it in the end!

Easy money for a dealer buys off you for 50 sells for 55 makes 5k easy as that

They are looking for a fast buck . 

I agree but my point was that £50k from a trader is still a strong bid, not a sign of prices softening and certainly not a shock.

Dealers always make money, as they take the risk of customer comeback if anything goes wrong with the car.

On 11 August 2017 at 9:23 AM, 718as said:

Seem to be about £10k cheaper than they were at start of the year. Perhaps down to more 718's on the market and new 718GTS on the horizon?

I doubt it's due to the 718 GTS, as the word is that it's still not coming with a flat 6 engine.....

Boxster prices are always stronger in the Spring, however it would not surprise me to see F6 engined GTS prices hover around the £50k level for the next few years!

GTS prices were overinflated most of last year IMO, maybe they are now realigning with the rest of the 981 range a bit more.  I suspect we will start seeing quite a range of prices as older higher mileage examples become available as well as a few very low mileage newer examples.  It's similar with the standard 981 range where you can find examples under £30k but still see more recent low mileage nicely speced 'S' examples at £50k. It does make it difficult pricing when almost no two examples are the same spec even before you consider age and mileage.

7 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

I agree but my point was that £50k from a trader is still a strong bid, not a sign of prices softening and certainly not a shock.

Dealers always make money, as they take the risk of customer comeback if anything goes wrong with the car.

Just wondered what you paid to try and sell it on auto trader 

7 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

I doubt it's due to the 718 GTS, as the word is that it's still not coming with a flat 6 engine.....

Boxster prices are always stronger in the Spring, however it would not surprise me to see F6 engined GTS prices hover around the £50k level for the next few years!

It' wont be a f6 it's moved on and Porsche won't go back . The boxster is such a low seller now the future for Porsche I'm afraid to say is the suvs and the panarama.

4 hours ago, jason3.2s said:

If I was spending £55k on a Boxster now I think I would wait for a new 718GTS rather than a 3 year old Boxster 981GTS.

Think the sound would not put most people offer with a new quicker car vs a 3 year old car.

You can get a two year old 981GTS for £55k but you won't get a new 718 GTS for less than £65k.

Its not just about sound, quickness or age for me either...but I get the point you are making.

4 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

It' wont be a f6 it's moved on and Porsche won't go back . The boxster is such a low seller now the future for Porsche I'm afraid to say is the suvs and the panarama.

Sadly I believe you are correct in what you say. The most recent sales figures that I read today show that the SUV's in particular are the biggest sellers.

Never saw the attraction of SUV's myself, tried several over the years, they always look the business until I drive them...all the handling finesse of a bus!

If I needed that kind of space for family or business, personally I would buy a shooting brake - now there's a description you don't hear much these days. Audi Avant, 5 Series Estate or similar...

However the majority clearly disagree, as the demand for 4WD off roaders that never go off road, shows no sign of abating!

Maybe the current attack being waged on Diesel engines will dent their popularity somewhat, who knows?

43 minutes ago, jimbob2911 said:

Why pay 50k for a Boxster when you can buy a full 997 turbo? 

A 911 was my boyhood dream car. However once I had the funds to actually buy one, I found that the way they drove was very disappointing. I therefore actively chose the Boxster over a 911 and have not felt the need to scratch that 911 itch ever again!

Although the current 911 Targa is a beautiful piece of automotive engineering...

2 hours ago, 718as said:

Macan is the best seller ATM, and everyone Is trying to off load their diesels back to OPC's.

And will be Porsche wouldn't survive on just 911 boxster cayman sales. If it want for suv sales the 918 wouldn't have been built.  They save much with sharing the platform development easy to reskin a q7 q5 etc

No one is off loading diesels as they will all be euro 5 or 6 which are cleaner especially the later maybe much earlier dirty diesels as that what the tax penalties and scrappage scheme will be aimed at

Archived