mpg

niceone

1 hour ago, james_ly said:

Hmm your commute sounds either wonderful or terrible

The latter :)

Actually going in is fine, but only 4 or 5 miles so the car never gets properly warmed up. Sometimes take a longer route if I have time/can be bothered. Coming home is mostly stop/start, unless I work on for a bit. 

On 1/20/2018 at 8:58 PM, perleman said:

997 C4S 3.8 = 15MPG round town, 22 average mixed driving

First year of owning my 996 C4S 3.6 I was at 23 combined.

Now i've had it 3 years, I average 25 combined.......(obviously calming down a bit....)

On 1/21/2018 at 9:14 AM, the baron said:

2.5 will get 34-36mpg driving miss daisy or 24-26mpg spirited driving

very nearly this, except my 2.5s have all gone to 22-23 under load and 36-38 when following the officer in front...

My 2.7 and I know its the way we drive that makes the difference so best I've seen is 38+ mpg worst, 26mpg

19 minutes ago, 1666matt said:

I picked up a 2000 boxster s yesterday and I couldn't believe the mpg, at one point on the m25 it was 41 41!!! At around 50-60mph but the whole journey was 38.3, very impressed/happy with that. 

Oh you need to get that down!? 

My 3.2S is a daily. Gets driven motorways, country roads and a bit round town. I used to keep accurate mpg records (fill tank, drive till empty, fill tank, Calc mpg based on miles driven for fuel used) I average about 26. If i drive it harder it only averages a few less, drive like a nun it only gets a few more so why worry. I have never owned a car that seems to use the same amount of fuel regardless.

Archived