Ducktail spoiler

spic

Hi all, dose anyone know or has seen a ducktail type spoiler for the 986 ? Im thinking about changing the rear end slightly on my box to kind of tie in with the rear ducts I done last year, I'm also thinking of repainting the car (again) for a non matalic colour , not sure though about any of it yet...

Steve

Cheers Rav, I should have said, I'm thinking more of something thats the same width as the boot and will attach to that rather than fixing to the spoiler that raises,  somehing like what' on the car below 

s962309117739232220_p3_i1_w500.jpg

The rear end of the 986 is different to the 996 - the 911 can pull this type of spoiler off to a certain extent, where as the 986 rear end just doesn't suit a large spoiler, you could go for a an Aero kit spoiler or one of the very small spoilers aftermarket spoilers.

Truly horrific. Personally I think the the 986 looks bang on as it is, I like the ducktail's on the 997 Classic and the 991 where is is available as an option but our car isn't either of those. 

A> yours is a 987, not a 986

B> it has the Cayman rear bumper and spoiler fitted under the LTD ED guise. So factory items not aftermarket.

C> Yes it looks much more subtle, even if it is bright orange :lol:

imageimageimage

My effort. Actually with it raised it lets a lot of hot air escape from the hole where the old one once sat. Added benefit is it helps make the rear of the car a bit less like the front:lol:.

On 5/1/2018 at 7:31 PM, el 3.2S said:

imageimageimage

My effort. Actually with it raised it lets a lot of hot air escape from the hole where the old one once sat. Added benefit is it helps make the rear of the car a bit less like the front:lol:.

Hardly a ducktail but a decent effort to improve the rear spoiler, can't believe I'm saying this but i actually quite like that especially with the added benefit of letting some of the heat dissipate.

On 5/1/2018 at 1:33 PM, Patt said:

A> yours is a 987, not a 986

B> it has the Cayman rear bumper and spoiler fitted under the LTD ED guise. So factory items not aftermarket.

C> Yes it looks much more subtle, even if it is bright orange :lol:

That's a Sport Editon bumper not Cayman no?

On 5/1/2018 at 7:31 PM, el 3.2S said:

imageimageimage

Thanks looks good is that a Joe Toth one?

15 hours ago, the baron said:

Hardly a ducktail but a decent effort to improve the rear spoiler, can't believe I'm saying this but i actually quite like that especially with the added benefit of letting some of the heat dissipate.

High praise indeed :).

2 minutes ago, Saxosim said:

Thanks looks good is that a Joe Toth one?

No, as mentioned not a duckail type and not Joe Toth. I bought it from a seller on E bay. It may be from Poland or far east, can't remember where? There were quite a few selling them a couple of years ago but seem to be gone now?

2 minutes ago, el 3.2S said:

No, as mentioned not a duckail type and not Joe Toth. I bought it from a seller on E bay. It may be from Poland or far east, can't remember where? There were quite a few selling them a couple of years ago but seem to be gone now?

That was the mini ducktail I saw a few years back, that's the good one  :)

7 minutes ago, el 3.2S said:

Ah that’s a shame been looking for something like his myself that is more subtle than a full on duck tail 

Archived