986 for a TV Show

JordanFG

Hello one and all,

I'm the producer on Fifth Gear we're looking to film with a great example of a Boxster 986 S for the show.

Filming will be on 30th August in the morning at Haynes Motor Museum. We will want to shoot some really nice static shots of it as well have our presenter drive it on public roads (with respect). We'll arrange the insurance side of things to cover that. We won't need to interview you - we'd just shoot with your car.

We can cover expenses and fuel. As filming with be happening in Yeoville we would favour cars from the south-west than somewhere like Scotland!

If you're interested please drop me an e-mail; Jordan.Livermore@NorthOneTV.com

Happy to field any questions you might have! 

Jordan

51 minutes ago, red rocket said:

One for @Bluepork03? You know where Haynes is now  (Yeovil not Yeoville!!) and a chance to re-use that museum ticket.

Only 2 things wrong with that Peter. 1) I'm moving my step-son's girlfriend to Liverpool that day, and 2) They're looking for a great example :lol:

16 hours ago, JordanFG said:

Hello one and all,

I'm the producer on Fifth Gear we're looking to film with a great example of a Boxster 986 S for the show.

Filming will be on 30th August in the morning at Haynes Motor Museum. We will want to shoot some really nice static shots of it as well have our presenter drive it on public roads (with respect). We'll arrange the insurance side of things to cover that. We won't need to interview you - we'd just shoot with your car.

We can cover expenses and fuel. As filming with be happening in Yeoville we would favour cars from the south-west than somewhere like Scotland!

If you're interested please drop me an e-mail; Jordan.Livermore@NorthOneTV.com

Happy to field any questions you might have! 

Jordan

Oddly enough I've a rare day off that day and had this not been an 11hr roundtrip from Leeds I'd have happily done it (totally standard 986S on 55k miles) I'm sure there must be someone more Southerly whose available?

Hello ! 

Ah, Yeoville IS where the yogurts get made, you're right. I knew my days of working in a supermarket would come back to haunt me some day!

I've been sent some wicked examples - thank you all for your submissions. Unfortunately we've had a script change this morning and are now looking for a 987. Really annoying as the cars that came my way would have worked really well. If it's ok with the Admins I'll post this up on the 987 board.

I'm off to fantasise about yogurt...  

5 minutes ago, JordanFG said:

Hello ! 

Ah, Yeoville IS where the yogurts get made, you're right. I knew my days of working in a supermarket would come back to haunt me some day!

I've been sent some wicked examples - thank you all for your submissions. Unfortunately we've had a script change this morning and are now looking for a 987. Really annoying as the cars that came my way would have worked really well. If it's ok with the Admins I'll post this up on the 987 board.

@Araf

28 minutes ago, JordanFG said:

Hello ! 

Why would you want to do a programme about the 987 boxster generation?  No disrespect to the owners of 987 but it's an in-between car, doesnt have the unique history and design of the 986 or the amazing vfm as a classic.  It's not as dramatic or accomplished as the 981 or have the opinion dividing turbos of 718.

I struggle to think what you can talk about on the 987.  It's just unremarkable. 

54 minutes ago, JordanFG said:

2.7 litre please ?

Now you're starting to get picky. :licki: 

I'll close this topic as the car is no longer required.  Message me if you change your mind again. ;) 

• Araf locked this topic

Archived