ajPC6vC.jpg

QotWAg7.jpg

vP8PKvl.jpg

6WMK40v.jpg

New to me, collecting Saturday week.  a035.gif

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Sport Chrono Package with dynamic transmission mounts
Sports exhaust system
Bi-Xenon headlights incl Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) with dynamic high beam
Climate control
Porsche communication management with Navigation module
Digital radio
Bluetooth
Parkassist front & rear
Sport Design steering wheel
Cruise control
Sports seats Plus (2-way, electric)
Heated seats
Wind deflector
Electrically folding exterior mirrors
Dimming mirror/rain sensor
Fire extinguisher
Full colour wheel centre caps

Vendor/OPC photos show 20" Sport Techno wheels, but I'm having them switched to Carrera Classics. Were they not painted maybe I could've lived with them, but as they are, and as someone pointed out they're about the heaviest wheels available they're being consigned to OPC parts bin.

A bit different to my 986 of last year, but a welcome upgrade. Hopefully won't need the included two years OPC warranty but it gives me a little peace of mind. As part of the deal it's having first major service, plugs and brake fluid plus first MOT included too (due 2 March anyway).

Congrats!

Hope to see you on some of the South West runs etc

Si

11 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Lovely car, well done. They look really classy in black and the classics are a nice touch.

Did you end up driving the 718 too, what was the verdict?

Yep. I quite enjoyed the 718, much faster than the 2.7 -felt noticeably lighter and maybe more nimble too. Objectively, probably the 'better' car. Sounded pretty good at the time.

But when I got in the 981 and just pulled across the carpark, I knew it was the one. It felt more 'substantial', something to get to grips with. More analogue. Then, the sound. I could feel it as mucg as hear it. The salesman and me were grinning inanely. You just have to smile.

Two years older, three more owners, 25k more miles. Still... it was the one. I was going to hang out for a manual and maybe an S to at least try - but lasted all of 24 hours. Rang them the next day and got a few concessions plus a few quid off and the deal was done.

Still grinning now.

Lovely looking car 👍

I personally think some of the 981 Black alloys with the diamond cut edge would be suit it best but maybe something for the future! Nice list of options too, you will enjoy the PDK and Sports exhaust👌

16 hours ago, MH82 said:

Wonder if they’re just swapping the wheels on to another car or whether they’d let them go at a reasonable price (if 20s would fit on a 987)

Not advised on a 987. 

LG, on your other post about wheels I was going to dig up the thread with the blue 981 that has them body color. Now I see yours are indeed body color :) 

20 hours ago, MH82 said:

Wonder if they’re just swapping the wheels on to another car or whether they’d let them go at a reasonable price (if 20s would fit on a 987)

Not an option unfortunately. The Carrera Classics are on a black 981 Cayman, with which they offered to swap. If they were hanging about I'd make a low-ball offer as a second set would be great but that ain't gonna happen.

---------------------------

Thanks for the kind words and support all - much appreciated. Virtual beers all round.

Can see why you are excited!

I'm surprised the Black Edition has silver writing on the back TBH. For me, I'd probably take the Boxster off completely, and possibly replace the silver PORSCHE with the black equivalent (or just leave it smooth).

Lovely car, and as I would like the speck the only thing missing is "Racing Yellow" for me anyway, enjoy and yes the grin does die down but never goes away. 

Guvs.

Archived