Airbag reset, Milton keynes area

Pierrick

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to ask for this but I am looking for someone who could reset my airbag light in the Milton Keynes area.

Someone from this forum or a professionnal with the right equipement. I went to two local garages today with no luck...

There is nothing wrong with my airbag system, I just had to remove the door airbag to change my window mechanism.

Thanks.

Go to DW Performance in Wellingborough. Most of the TIPEC South Central members use Kev Waterhouse, and so do I.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 2:36 PM, Loz987 said:

I’m in Leicester and have an obd2 reader that clears Boxster codes. You’re welcome to borrow it. 

Hi loz, thanks for your offer but I have an OBDII reader too but it doesn't reset airbag lights... are you sure yours does it?

On 5/6/2019 at 3:53 PM, Blues N Twos said:

I’ve got an icarsoft2 that can reset airbag lights. I’m near Beaconsfield Bucks. 

Hi, thanks for your offer. Ideally I would find someone closer but 1h is not that bad... are you available tomorrow?

On 5/7/2019 at 4:44 PM, Dwdg said:

Go to DW Performance in Wellingborough. Most of the TIPEC South Central members use Kev Waterhouse, and so do I.

Thanks. Thats another option... I might go next week if I do not find anything closer.

Or Dove House at Rushden.  Both they and DW at Wellingborough have helped me out.  Both in easy reach of MK.  Besides what the problem with a 25-30 mile drive in a Boxster (other than too short)?

9 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Or Dove House at Rushden.  Both they and DW at Wellingborough have helped me out.  Both in easy reach of MK.  Besides what the problem with a 25-30 mile drive in a Boxster (other than too short)?

There is no problem with a 30 miles drive but I was hoping to get the light sorted early this week before going through the MOT and as I am working all week I cant really drive that far within opening hours of professionnals grarges!

On 5/26/2019 at 9:44 PM, Pierrick said:

Hi loz, thanks for your offer but I have an OBDII reader too but it doesn't reset airbag lights... are you sure yours does it?

Which one do you have? 

I bought mine to clear codes. 

2 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Which one do you have? 

47945916988_ef94500029.jpg

I bought mine to clear codes. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Mini-OBD2-ELM327-V2-1-Bluetooth-Car-Scanner-Torque-Android-Auto-Scan-Tool/232988014440?epid=23026729464&hash=item363f2af768:g:adIAAOSwoupaq-3S

This one, I actually have two. They look different but are the same on ths inside. I ca clear all sort of faults but here, it doesn't even detect the airbag fault.

Did you ever reset your airbag light with yours?

Hi , I'm in MK and have an Autel Maxi-Check that should do the job, PM me if your still looking. I've used it on my Boxster for a few code reads and clearance, it's a semi-pro standard unit so worth a go.

I'm in the North of MK.

Nice to meet you Pierrick and hope that the code has remained cleared. any issues give me a call.

Nice car you have in the fastest colour as well, not that common blue you see every other Boxster now.........😜

On 5/26/2019 at 9:44 PM, Pierrick said:

... are you sure yours does it?

I bought mine to clear codes. You might want this too. 

ANCEL AD310 Classic Enhanced Universal OBD II Scanner Car Engine Fault Code Reader CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071V7PWM7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rpy7CbD0EMZM6

It was all cleared fine. The Autel has a specific Porsche routine , I was more interested that nothing else had come up due to any dodgy connections etc.

I'm happy that anyone near me needs codes sorted gives me a shout, all for the cause 😀

3 hours ago, Shazbot said:

Nice to meet you Pierrick and hope that the code has remained cleared. any issues give me a call.

Nice car you have in the fastest colour as well, not that common blue you see every other Boxster now.........😜

Thanks again Colin. All lights remain off. Thanks again for saving me some time going to the garage as well as a bit of money...

This is why we are on these forums!

Archived