What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

Tried to fit serpentine belt BUT the replacement belts are far  too small , both ordered using my registration Gates belt 6PK 2115 and Dayco belt 6PK 2115 ,when i removed the belt currently on my car it’s a Dayco 6PK 2160 ,?????

1 minute ago, Def1 said:

Possibly I have had the same thought , my car has AC and the retailers didn’t give any choices regarding AC or None AC , 

No ac would be a smaller not bigger belt.

5 minutes ago, Def1 said:

Possibly I have had the same thought , my car has AC and the retailers didn’t give any choices regarding AC or None AC , 

Checked my spare in the garage and its 2115. I can't think why yours has a larger belt fitted.

I have an underdrive pulley fitted to mine and the belt for that is 2100

5 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

Is yours a gen 2. I think they have a different belt

Base 987.1 I think 🤔 Same as mine. I couldn’t get my new 6pk2115 on either last year.Still haven’t so watching with interest.

I have a 987.1 and it’s a 2007 , the 2115s are way to small and I think would damage something it i could get them on , the 2160 fit it just like on all the you tube videos really easy to fit , I might try and buy another 2160 

I took the wind deflector out and removed an aftermarket Porsche logo on there which was a bit tacky and distracting tbh. Gave it a clean to get rid of the goo and put it back in - I’ve ordered some black tacky stuff to try and reduce the rattle at higher speeds.

Swapped out the climate control buttons for ones from Uro Tuning. Unfortunately the TEMP one must be ever-so-slightly off as it doesn’t move as freely as the fan one. Have left it in but mailed them about a replacement. I guess the old switches I should really get painted and sell on.

Managed to get another locking wheel nut off and replaced so am down to one stubborn one left to do.

Need to work out if there’s anything I can do to fix the cup holder cover which struggles to stay closed - I see there’s full replacement units for £150 or so on eBay but feels like overkill for what seems to be just a small broken clip.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Def1 said:

I have a 987.1 and it’s a 2007 , the 2115s are way to small and I think would damage something it i could get them on , the 2160 fit it just like on all the you tube videos really easy to fit , I might try and buy another 2160 

Just got belt swapped to a Gates 6pk2160 this size isn’t far off the Dayco size .so will have another go tonight at refitting 👍

4 minutes ago, Philc said:

Took this photo

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gallery/0N3L2HD[/img]

which replicates my old Subaru from 18 years ago

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gallery/AAHA86l[/IMG]

Boxster rewarded me with a cel when I restarted it, maybe maf🙄

Here's the picsoQjzCZV.jpgaOOZ5Hn.jpg