Non drilled discs

Lennym1984

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Thought it was only the S that had drilled as standard?

That was the case for the 986 (at least the 986.1; not sure about the 986.2) but all 987s had drilled discs (possibly with all the corrosion issues they are suspected of causing ...)

Don't bother with the discs just use better pads. I have Pagid RS19's but a lot of people use the RS29's, either will give you enormous stopping power. Look also at the DS2500 and Carbon Lorraine (not sure of spellling) pads.

Change your brake fluid to Motul RBF 600 or 660, as you will boil the standard stuff. 

1 hour ago, T911UK said:

Looks like the Sebro slotted are only available for the S cars, you dont want solid discs though! You want non drilled vented

Sorry that's what I meant!

40 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

Don't bother with the discs just use better pads.

Drilled discs are not great on track as the extreme heat (and cycling I guess) makes them crack quite quickly so my question is not about stopping power, it's more about longevity.

I have used mtec on my BMW's for a good few years and have always been very happy with their products. I have just changed the boxster discs all round for Brembo but in hindsight with the corrosion issues of drilled discs,  slotted may have been the best option!

I would advise against pads as aggressive as the RS29 - which are Pagid’s endurance race pads - unless you also upgrade your cooling. Having undrilled discs is a good move because the holes just fill with brake dust and don’t do their job anyway - and are always where the cracks start!

Archived