With or without logo?

stupidget

I removed the original boot logos, rubbed them down and resprayed them with chrome(ish) paint, but, I’m wondering where it looks better with or without?

what do you lot think?

B17E53D8-4A96-49B1-AD10-2BD89F5E6F46.jpg
57BE3F4A-49A0-4433-9875-503A6089EEB1.jpg

17 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

I think it would look better in black..... obviously I'm not biased owning a 2.5 :)

Both in black or just the S?

Personal choice, customise or keep to stock spec? Up to you.  I'm having a similar debate as one of the horizontal bars in the B of Boxster is cracked on mine and looks tatty plus it is a real pain to detail clean around.  No decision yet though.

37 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

I'm having a similar debate as one of the horizontal bars in the B of Boxster is cracked on mine and looks tatty plus it is a real pain to detail clean around.

The car I'm picking up this week has got the same problem, with the lower bar on the B broken off at the end.  I will need to decide whether to replace the badge, or just de-badge it as per the first pic on here.  I think that actually looks pretty cool without it, but if you want to keep the badge I'd say it looks better in silver, not black. 

Just out of interest, is it a difficult job to remove the badge?

2 minutes ago, Davey P said:

The car I'm picking up this week has got the same problem, with the lower bar on the B broken off at the end.  I will need to decide whether to replace the badge, or just de-badge it as per the first pic on here.  I think that actually looks pretty cool without it, but if you want to keep the badge I'd say it looks better in silver, not black. 

I watched a vid on the YouTubes.  Basically I heated the badge up very slowly with a heat-gun and then got some dental-floss underneath the badge and pulled it up and down and backwards across the underneath and the badges came off.  I then used lots of T-Cut and WD-40 to to remove the residue left over and just polished it.  The tricky part was removing all the residue from the badges themselves.

The only problem is that because the badge had been in place for 15 years there is a slight ghost image of the lettering when you look close.

5 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Easy to remove, just use a piece of dental floss to 'saw' through the sticky adhesive. I had a bit of an issue where someone had glue a bit of the 'B' on with some epoxy, but the rest of the residue came off with a bit of petrol. Mine's a 1999 in Zenith blue and removing the badge has left a ghost image where the rest of the car paint has faded over the years.

3 minutes ago, stupidget said:

The only problem is that because the badge had been in place for 15 years there is a slight ghost image of the lettering when you look close.

This is what I was afraid of.  I have got a heat gun, but I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near my car with it :lol: 

I think this might be a job best left to a professional.  Might be a good excuse to have the car properly machine polished when I get it, even though the time of year is not ideal....:whistle1:

I used a hairdryer and dental floss but ended up having to get the boot repainted due to lots of scratches..Nothing wrong with the badge itself but I just don’t really like the font.Ive made it up to Greta since and definitely not throwing it away...

@rpn Oh, bloody hell, now I've got even more options 😂

I'm thinking the all black is my least favourite and for me it's between all silver or black S.  Nice bit of PS work by the way.

8 minutes ago, stupidget said:

@rpn Oh, bloody hell, now I've got even more options 😂

Just to throw a spanner in the works and give you another option, I think silver "Boxster" and a Red "S" would be good.... :whistle1:

1 minute ago, Davey P said:

Just to throw a spanner in the works and give you another option, I think silver "Boxster" and a Red "S" would be good.... :whistle1:

Oooh, I never thought of that.  It'd match my brake callipers.

1 minute ago, stupidget said:

Oooh, I never thought of that.  It'd match my brake callipers.

You're welcome mate, I keep telling everyone I'm not just a pretty face, but they don't believe me... :lol:

After seeing the Photoshopped versions, I stand by my previous comment of silver "Boxster" and a Red "S", that looks awesome :thumbsup_anim:

I am clearly a man of impeccable taste (and no comments from Menoporsche required, thanks very much!) :lol:

Archived