What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

1 hour ago, Raffe said:

Ordered 4 new Michelin PS4S from Blackcircles as they had a 15% discount. Full set of N0 rated 20” tyres for £812 delivered - result. Just need to decide what colour I’m having the wheels refurbed.

And cash back from Michelin. 

https://car-offers.michelin.co.uk/offers/GB

Off to the Isle of Wight tomorrow for a week. A good chance to give the Cayman a decent long run for a change, it's around 3 hours to Portsmouth from my house.  I washed the car this afternoon, although I'm not sure how clean it will stay, the weather looks like it might not be great while we're over there.

• Like 2

Swapped rear discs and pads. Very straightforward, but be careful when bolting calipers back onto the rear hub. Bolts have a fine thread so make sure you line up the caliper accurately and be gentle winding the bolts back in.

Also, and not really a proper 981 thing, but am chuffed that my son is racing a pukka 718 GT4 Clubsport Cayman (Cayman Sprint challenge car) in the National Endurance Championship  next weekend at Silversone. Used to be called Britcar.

Gonna be epic..

• Like 5

On 6/3/2022 at 12:45 PM, Raffe said:

Ordered 4 new Michelin PS4S from Blackcircles as they had a 15% discount. Full set of N0 rated 20” tyres for £812 delivered - result. Just need to decide what colour I’m having the wheels refurbed.

Had new PS4S fitted over weekend, wow what a transformation they’ve made to the car.

For context They have replaced N0 GY F1A which were around 2-3mm rear and 4-5mm front with a 2017 date stamp.

The turn in is massively improved, the whole car feels more planted and responsive with great amounts of grip. Money well spent, recommended 👍

• Like 2

On 6/10/2022 at 8:32 PM, andygo said:

Swapped rear discs and pads. Very straightforward, but be careful when bolting calipers back onto the rear hub. Bolts have a fine thread so make sure you line up the caliper accurately and be gentle winding the bolts back in.

A tip for this is to turn the bolt anticlockwise when refitting until you will feel it drop into the thread, then you know it will lead in OK.

1 hour ago, Raffe said:

They have replaced N0 GY F1A which were around 2-3mm rear and 4-5mm front with a 2017 date stamp.

They get good reviews, so now we are in 2022 I’d hope the main fault with them was that they’re five years old. 

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

A tip for this is to turn the bolt anticlockwise when refitting until you will feel it drop into the thread, then you know it will lead in OK.

Yeah, I do that sort of thing usually, but bit difficult when trying to align the caliper with brake pipes, and bits of wiring trying to push it about. I have a damaged wrist as a result of a MTB crash a few years ago that limits it's movement a bit..

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

They get good reviews, so now we are in 2022 I’d hope the main fault with them was that they’re five years old. 

I think the sidewalls on the GY are a bit softer than the PS4S which for me was too much of a compromise. 

Booked the car in to Western Car Radios for a fit of Apple CarPlay. Yes I know you can do it yourself but I’m not that way inclined 😂😂 Well not these days. It’s a little trip as we’re the other side of the bridge as they are Bristol based so we’ll make a day of it. 29th June 👍

1 hour ago, andy_l said:

Because you can never have too many mountains :)

I'd agree. :) But if you'd stopped just a few hundred metres out of the town you could have got the lake in as well! :D

(That's assuming there's any water left in it now - it was pretty low in 2017!)

IMG_1720

4 minutes ago, zlac017 said:

Amazing! Where is this?

Riaño, in the Picos de Europa mountains, northern Spain. 

Edited by Jon61
added location as I'd recognised it
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, andy_l said:

That's a great pic Jon.

Thanks - any photo is improved by having a silver 981 and some mountains in it :)

Hope you're having a great time - we really enjoyed our trip around northern Spain. I've just looked through the photos in your own thread too - looks like you make a habit of taking your car to photogenic places! :thumbsup_anim: