What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

3 hours ago, Patt said:

SO you have fitted a box and a microphone, the rest hasn't even been delivered, and it does nothing but light up the power LED ?

I hope this isn't Isudar under a new name !

No Patt we are talking about the OEM equivalent, PCM 3 is out and sitting in a box in my garage. 

On 9/4/2022 at 2:17 PM, moospeed said:

Got home from a countryside run yesterday to hear an extra noise I didn’t need. Only happened when the engine was on but not linked to revs which was a sigh of relief.

Prised off the intake shroud and with a torch I spotted this.

565-D07-FA-B77-D-45-F3-956-A-212838-D3-C

5 mins later leaf retrieved, noise gone.

6-C0-E7589-02-A4-424-F-835-F-46-E1-F0004

Typically there was mild panic as I had a leaf and also now a bit of sticky tape joining it on the fan 🫣

Luckily managed to convince it to stick back on my stick again 🙂👍

Sticky stick :)

Had the annual deep clean and inspection of the CarPro Ceramic Finiest coating that was applied two years ago. All good and looking nice and shiny for my trip over to the Nurburgring tomorrow stopping in Bruges tomorrow night before arriving at the Ring for Wednesday and Thursday Tourist drives in the evening 👍  

D3-AE0101-7-A29-4520-9-E81-36-B66-F96205
5-DAE2-B0-C-98-B2-482-E-8-F03-4-FE884464

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Had the annual deep clean and inspection of the CarPro Ceramic Finiest coating that was applied two years ago. All good and looking nice and shiny for my trip over to the Nurburgring tomorrow stopping in Bruges tomorrow night before arriving at the Ring for Wednesday and Thursday Tourist drives in the evening 👍  

Looking good 👍 

You will be able to test out the new bits of aero on the ring 😎

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Enjoy 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Have fun, hope it's dry for you. Don't forget pix!

Have you fitted better pads in or going on standard ones?

Edited by andygo

renewed my  warranty, again, got 18 months for price of 12, plus they have given me Battery cover, up to £300, for 2 yrs. A bit of peace of mind, and my battery is 9 yrs old, but still going strong (probably  shouldn't have said that )

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, andygo said:

Have fun, hope it's dry for you. Don't forget pix!

Have you fitted better pads in or going on standard ones?

Standard. Mrs is in the passenger seat so no silly stuff. Just a nice progressive drive. Soaking up the history and wonderment of the “Green Hell” ☀️😎👍

11 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Standard. Mrs is in the passenger seat so no silly stuff. Just a nice progressive drive. Soaking up the history and wonderment of the “Green Hell” ☀️😎👍

We are off to Spa for a Public Driving Experience on the 20th. I have a set of Ferodo DS2500 pads waiting for me to fit. Iwe have done Spa bfore, canes the brakes! Well I do...

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 6:24 PM, daz05 said:

I'm in the process of installing something else, with a 4 in it.

Hoping you’ll do a YT upload on the install, this could be a great OEM+ upgrade for us 981 owners.

great job either way if you have made it work properly 👍😎

51 minutes ago, Raffe said:

Hoping you’ll do a YT upload on the install, this could be a great OEM+ upgrade for us 981 owners.

great job either way if you have made it work properly 👍😎

Yes part of the process has been filmed but it will take some time to finalise. 

I have it working perfectly and even discovered the GSM antenna which was installed in my car works as a dab aerial yesterday so no silly sticker aerials needed.

I can't wait to see the reaction at the dealer when I go for my service. I wonder if I will get an advisory for it 🤣

Edited by daz05
  • Like 3

The only thing I can't get working is the nav map display on the cluster, there's a problem with the resolution but the instructions display on the cluster. You can deselect the map in the options or code it out anyway so no big deal as carplay and Android auto won't display on the newer generation of cars either.

It could be the cable needs to be updated or it could be that I can buy a different screen for the cluster. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, daz05 said:

The only thing I can't get working is the nav map display on the cluster, there's a problem with the resolution but the instructions display on the cluster. You can deselect the map in the options or code it out anyway so no big deal as carplay and Android auto won't display on the newer generation of cars either.

It could be the cable needs to be updated or it could be that I can buy a different screen for the cluster. 

Even without that the retrofit achievement is great work. Kudos to you.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Impressive - nice work.

• Like 1