What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

1 minute ago, Justchris said:

Thanks I've added that to my watchlist just in case.

I'll run her down to a local friendly body shop on Saturday and see what they can do and how much its likely to be. I may get the repacement side panel re painted and get him to touch in the gravel rash around the side panel on the other side while he's at it.

Good luck getting it sorted.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Justchris said:

Managed to make the wing mirror serviceable (once the glass arrives) while I find a replacement. On that note how easy is retro fitting power fold and puddle lights. Found a set in Birmingham with both!!

The looms are completely different as I recall seeing them advertised with the number of pins in the connector.

All depends how good, and patient, you are with electronics coupled with getting them coded afterwards.

The puddles could be as easy as running a live wire from the footwell lights and and using an existing earth.  Although they light up the front of the door and on the outside, so not that useful for avoiding puddles in reality.

Hook the wiring looms up to the module in the door and with a bit of coding should work.  And a new switch on the drivers door with the fold button.

A completely pointless mod unless you want to save a few cm in a tight space but everyone likes to see them folding when you lock up for the day so why not! 

19 minutes ago, Patt said:

Indeed it is my tell for the "did I lock it?"

The auto dimming is a must have though if you drive all year round.

I've just picked up a dimming interior mirror for my next project more for something to do over winter.

FYI when you get to it - the yellow led is on when turned on, not when deactivated.  I expected to be the other way round as less intrusive, although it isn't very bright I just didn't expect to have a light permanently on.

My previous 981 and the current one have bioth suffered from a ridiculously tight coolant cap in the rear boot. You always had to twit and twist using a lot of effort to screw down.

I happened to read that they should not need tightening down and they shoud lock with a pronounced click. Overightening of the cap can cause small loss of water.

Looked at my cap, and sure enough, a tiny plastic peg had snapped off.

New cap fitted, screwed on nicely, ending with a very definate click indicating that no more screwing for me today!

Incudes pix halfway down the thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/981-forum/1226935-981-coolant-level-question.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patt said:

FYI when you get to it - the yellow led is on when turned on, not when deactivated.  I expected to be the other way round as less intrusive, although it isn't very bright I just didn't expect to have a light permanently on.

Thanks Patt, it's from the 718 gt4 I've been getting bits from so it is a frameless one with no light fortunately.

5 hours ago, andygo said:

My previous 981 and the current one have bioth suffered from a ridiculously tight coolant cap in the rear boot. You always had to twit and twist using a lot of effort to screw down.

I happened to read that they should not need tightening down and they shoud lock with a pronounced click. Overightening of the cap can cause small loss of water.

Looked at my cap, and sure enough, a tiny plastic peg had snapped off.

New cap fitted, screwed on nicely, ending with a very definate click indicating that no more screwing for me today!

Incudes pix halfway down the thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/981-forum/1226935-981-coolant-level-question.html

Same issue on the 718. Revised cap installed , old one in the cardboard box…

1 hour ago, iborguk said:

Same issue on the 718. Revised cap installed , old one in the cardboard box…

52379434242_c552b94569_b.jpg

Thats interesting, different P/N to my 981 cap. Plus mine arrived in a poverty plastic bag, not gift wrapped in a box.   :)

1 hour ago, andygo said:

Thats interesting, different P/N to my 981 cap. Plus mine arrived in a poverty plastic bag, not gift wrapped in a box.   :)

Cardboard box is more 'eco', unless of course it is in a bag inside the box...

36 minutes ago, andygo said:

Ifi was intersted in 'Eco" i wouldn't be driving a 981...

But with Porsche having done their IPO, ESG is now even more under scrutiny not that it's not in Germany anyway.  Anyhow you were complaining yours was in a plastic bag and not gift wrapped in (the more eco) cardboard.

35 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

But with Porsche having done their IPO, ESG is now even more under scrutiny not that it's not in Germany anyway.  Anyhow you were complaining yours was in a plastic bag and not gift wrapped in (the more eco) cardboard.

I was trying to be humerous about the bag v box actually.

Edited by andygo

Courtesy car while mine is in for service.....

rSpL2tG.jpg

QrbKmxT.jpg

Lovely car (dodgy colour). Quick as poop off a spade. If you're in for an EV, definitely worth considering. 

However,  if I had this kind of money, personally,  I'd be sat in a 992.