What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

9 hours ago, Patt said:

I plan to install braided lines when my brakes need replacing.  I usually always change to stainless nipples while I'm at it.

I don't see how the hose has any impact on the nipple.

Did you notice a firmer pedal after fitting braided lines? The 981's have quite short flexy brake lines so not as advantageous as fitting to cars with long rubbery lines I'd have thought.

Last Boxster I did I also refurbished the calipers and fitted a big brake kit at the same time - so rather hard to tell.

Generally, I get a slightly better pedal feel - ie feels 2 or 3 times more solid than just changing out and bleeding the fluid.

1 hour ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Picked up my freshly sprayed side scoops. I’ve been thinking about fitting a pair to my 981 Boxster for a while. So I took the plunge bought a set and got them sprayed. Won’t be fitted until spring. I can always remove them but I think they’ll look ok 👍 

6-BD93285-49-E1-4-B57-98-A2-B8-EBDCDF770

How do you envisage fitting them tape or self tappers? (I do realise the side panels are plastic BTW  :))

1 minute ago, andygo said:

How do you envisage fitting them tape or self tappers? (I do realise the side panels are plastic BTW  :))

There going to be fitted by the body shop that sprayed them. They advised against screwing and will use a combination of double sided tape and an adhesive type sealant in white. 
I believe the GT4 model has the scoops stuck on with double sided type. But I could be wrong 👍

40 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

There going to be fitted by the body shop that sprayed them. They advised against screwing and will use a combination of double sided tape and an adhesive type sealant in white. 
I believe the GT4 model has the scoops stuck on with double sided type. But I could be wrong 👍

I believe screws are involved..

• Thanks 1

Picked up my freshly sprayed side scoops. I’ve been thinking about fitting a pair to my 981 Boxster for a while. So I took the plunge bought a set and got them sprayed. Won’t be fitted until spring. I can always remove them but I think they’ll look ok 👍 

Great minds think a like, I was thinking about trying some of these only the other day 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Where did you buy these from and how much were they please?

49 minutes ago, andygo said:

I keep wanting to fit these, so here are a couple of fitting links:

http://blog.schnellautosports.com/2015/09/981-caymanboxster-gt4-side-scoop.html

E-Bay Item number 234033029254

Good quality and plain. So no GT indentation so fill in 👍 

They seem pretty cost effective at just over £100. How substantial are they, wouldn't want them to fly off on my normal 140mph commute.

12 minutes ago, andygo said:

They seem pretty cost effective at just over £100. How substantial are they, wouldn't want them to fly off on my normal 140mph commute.

That my friend is the million dollar question. They’re sturdy in their construction but flying off I suppose will all depend on how they’re attached. 😂👍

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I saw some on a thread where they were  fixed to existing vent and double sided taped.

I think they will look very good but I wouldn’t be able to wait till spring to fit them 😂

Apparently reading the autosports thread if you buy the GT4 plastic surrounds that fit flush with the car they have two pre drilled holes. The side scoops I’ve purchased have two pre drilled holes. So I’m guessing there a direct copy of the OEM item and will correspond with the holes in the GT4 plastic surrounds. 
This along with double sided tape I’m sure would be up to the job. I’m not sure the SIX holes drilled in the autosports thread is what’s done on the GT4. I think SIX fixings might be a bit OTT Just my thoughts.