What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

All set to go for a nice little scenic drive…

6-E9-A3753-89-A3-4833-8-D81-5-CE7-A6-D3-

Half hour of cursing later and can’t get off the bloody drive 😡

75631-FD7-9-F08-462-B-A6-D0-5-F9667-E9-D

What the photo doesn’t show is not so much that the drive is on a slope, but it’s very uneven where the bricks have sunk in. Also there’s a drain cover which despite having no snow on it now is as slippy as a greased frying pan.

Ran out of time to dig any more and the car was slewing towards the wall so I decided to abandon ship.

So much for having an LSD, didn’t help at all. Annoyingly I took my Elise up that same drive in deeper snow without clearing any. Half the weight and skinnier tyres did the job.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, moospeed said:

All set to go for a nice little scenic drive…

6-E9-A3753-89-A3-4833-8-D81-5-CE7-A6-D3-

Half hour of cursing later and can’t get off the bloody drive 😡

Car looks great even though you can’t drive it 👀

Are you on X73 suspension as it looks lower than a PASM set up in that pic?

Saturday I managed to get rest of interior upgrade in but what a tw*t of a job…

718 armrest is different to 981, so had to change whole mechanism not just lid as it initially looked. Not difficult but involved removing rear bulkhead carpet, rear centre console trim, dismantling armrest and removing hinge pin and spring. Thankfully all went back together no issue.

Drivers door card literally 5 min job.

Lower dash panel, there’s a hidden screw which involves removing dials 🤦🏻‍♂️ At 3.30 Sat afternoon with the light failing on the drive this is how the car looked.

52557996437_131eabddb0_k.jpg

Got it all back together successfully but ran out of times for a pic - looks great mind.

credit to Porsche engineers, the car is like an adult Lego set - not a single broken clip,or fixing.

Got a custom gear knob on order along with a alcantara with deviated stitch gaitor too. Just need to find a 718 GT multifunction wheel with airbag for a sensible price now.

47 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

If you didn't take enough pics for a how to, get out and dismantle it again :)

There’s an Australian guy on YT with a complete strip down of a 981 - easy to follow name is Jeff Richardson.

2 hours ago, Raffe said:

I think they are the same but I want the 360mm GT wheel rather than the standard 375mm 718/Macan wheel.

Yep same here, the wheel I got is from the 911 but I think it's 375mm but airbag located and on its way!

It's a heated wheel so debating whether I should add it to the Cayenne instead and then add the Cayenne wheel to the 981.

2 hours ago, daz05 said:

Yep same here, the wheel I got is from the 911 but I think it's 375mm but airbag located and on its way!

It's a heated wheel so debating whether I should add it to the Cayenne instead and then add the Cayenne wheel to the 981.

👍 I definitely want the 360mm diameter wheel, seems to be loads of part numbers for airbags but not sure if there’s much difference?

2 hours ago, daz05 said:

👍

btw it's missing it's little rubber spoiler under the front bumper !

Wow @daz05 you are soooo observant 😂😂 There’s a story here. This is how the car looked on its way down to the ring. But it’s appearance changed on entering an underground car park of a hotel in Bruges. The ramp down under the hotel was so steep I couldn’t see the angle at the bottom and the lip you see was ripped off on the R/H side. So I had to remove it completely before the journey continued. Cars on x73 so it used to catch often but the steep ramp was the last straw. I’m not put off as I’m considering a GT4 style front bumper from 911 😂😂

1-CCFC09-F-3259-46-BC-B630-0-AC5901-B90-

1 hour ago, Raffe said:

👍 I definitely want the 360mm diameter wheel, seems to be loads of part numbers for airbags but not sure if there’s much difference?

Colours and material but you want a 95b one, the later one looks the same and almost is but sadly mounting points are different.