What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

3 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Made a side-intake mesh insert. I want to have them on prior to fitting my GT style side-scoops 👍

6857-FA9-C-9-A03-42-CF-89-BD-AFD6-CB83-C

I need to do mine, was it easy and what did you use?

My scoops are on their way over from the far east 😂

I got the car back today from having some work done. The main thing being having the carrera classic wheels painted weiss gold with satin laquer. Won’t be to everyone’s taste but I am very pleased and it ties in nicely with the gold badges. The car needs a proper clean then I’ll get some better images. Had the front bumper sprayed too. 

AE2-B952-C-3-CF6-43-AB-8835-7-B64-B9-AB4

65794-B21-ED51-49-A4-83-B7-260-B7345426-

Edited by Stuno1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

Wow, that will be nice when fitted, did you get the side trims to the console as well? On the 718 this part has the stitching I would like to add on my 981. 2(213).jpg

The parts weren’t available from the breakers but also as Daz said they won’t line up with 981 stitch so no.

1 hour ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I need to do mine, was it easy and what did you use?

My scoops are on their way over from the far east 😂

Yea not difficult. I bought this mesh of eBay item number  225082789070.

Made a cardboard template out of the box it came in. Which is perfect as you can use the folds in the box to create the centre fold that then fits on the plastic centre cross pice of the intake duct.

If you ordered the ones I did they literally arrived a few days later. Surprised me as I was expecting them to be a few weeks. I’m also convinced they are copy’s of the OEM part as they have raised lines that when lined up with the curved edge of the plastic OEM duct covers (that you pull off) I’m sure if attached together they would be in the perfect position. But I’ll find that out over the next few days when I try 😂👍

29 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Yea not difficult. I bought this mesh of eBay item number  225082789070.

Made a cardboard template out of the box it came in. Which is perfect as you can use the folds in the box to create the centre fold that then fits on the plastic centre cross pice of the intake duct.

If you ordered the ones I did they literally arrived a few days later. Surprised me as I was expecting them to be a few weeks. I’m also convinced they are copy’s of the OEM part as they have raised lines that when lined up with the curved edge of the plastic OEM duct covers (that you pull off) I’m sure if attached together they would be in the perfect position. But I’ll find that out over the next few days when I try 😂👍

It sounds like mine are being delivered tomorrow so I need to pull my finger out on the mesh 😂

What did you use to fix the mesh in place?

49 minutes ago, mneil said:

Looks easier than the method I used Gareth, if you can remember that far back🫣, I glued mine onto the back of the outside trim.

IMG-20210708-WA0004

I went for the more expensive Zunsport option, but to be honest I think yours looks just as good mate, well played that man :thumbsup_still:  But both options are much better than the OEM gaping hole, obviously.

20210701_154322

15 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

If you create a fold then nothing needed. Similar to this 

Of the 3, this looks best IMHO.  Not that I'm likely to have a 981 any time soon to have to worry about this.

driving through an empty part of an industrial estate.  The car in front was doing 35 according to the very nice policeman too. However, I was the only one to be pulled over.

At best its points and a fine, at worse it's a visit to the courthouse.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2022 at 4:44 PM, andygo said:

I was super careful with the new ones. I believe as long as the taper seat is a good match they won't leak.

They weren't cross threaded, just the bi metal corrosion had taken place. The shiny threaded section is where the alloy from the caliper has corroded to the steel nipple and basically torn the ally from the caliper. They seem to have tightened up OK, only needs 20NM torque. I coated all the new nipples with high temp silicone grease to ease installation. The other 6 nips went in very easily indeed.

I bought a bag of Stainless Steel nips which are still in the shed.  If I ever get round to fiddling with car's bleed nips I'll swap them out for Stainless.  Don't get confused by the price.  That's enough for 4 cars. 

Screenshot-20220203-081947-e-Bay.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patt said:

driving through an empty part of an industrial estate.  The car in front was doing 35 according to the very nice policeman too. However, I was the only one to be pulled over.

At best its points and a fine, at worse it's a visit to the courthouse.

There's always the speed awareness course, though they might look at you car and decide you're already aware of speed!

1 hour ago, Patt said:

Up to 42mph the course would be offered.

The cutoff speed for an automatic ban used to be 30mph over the limit, I'm not sure if that is still applicable.  Many years ago I got pulled over on a motorway, and the motorbike cop clocked me at 99mph - phew, a close shave!  I was in a brand new Nissan 200SX, probably the fastest car I've ever owned (until now, obviously :lol:)