What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

1 hour ago, Justchris said:

Picked her up after having her wrapped 😀

Not the greatest pictures but had to rush home so no real photo opportunity.

I'll try to get some better pictures this weekend

avNLkcX.jpg

9ATei8y.jpg

nice, what is the original colour?

14 hours ago, Justchris said:

Picked her up after having her wrapped 😀

Not the greatest pictures but had to rush home so no real photo opportunity.

I'll try to get some better pictures this weekend

avNLkcX.jpg

9ATei8y.jpg

Excellent !!  Do they give you a guarantee, i.e. against peeling/lifting, etc?  It's been a few years since I've researched wrapping, I understand the game has moved on considerably.  Guessing it's still considerably cheaper than respraying though?

1 hour ago, moospeed said:

Excellent !!  Do they give you a guarantee, i.e. against peeling/lifting, etc?  It's been a few years since I've researched wrapping, I understand the game has moved on considerably.  Guessing it's still considerably cheaper than respraying though?

The company I used give a 5 year warranty against vinyl and installation defects. Hope I'll never need to make a claim, but they seem pretty good to me. Every time I visited the workshop prior to booking in they had various Porsches in for wraps, and the last time I went in they had a nearly new Cayman 718 and a 992 from the same family in for PPF.

The vinyl they used (Avery Dennison) has an 8 year manufacturer's guarantee. Had to change to the Avery vinyl from 3m due to finding colour defects part way through on  2 separate rolls!

I'm very happy with the results, the only thing I would say is make sure your paint is good first, I had a few untreated stone chips on the front bumper and 1 on the bonnet and I can see where they were through the wrap. My own fault as I intended on sorting them first but ran out of time.

3 hours ago, Justchris said:

The company I used give a 5 year warranty against vinyl and installation defects. Hope I'll never need to make a claim, but they seem pretty good to me. Every time I visited the workshop prior to booking in they had various Porsches in for wraps, and the last time I went in they had a nearly new Cayman 718 and a 992 from the same family in for PPF.

The vinyl they used (Avery Dennison) has an 8 year manufacturer's guarantee. Had to change to the Avery vinyl from 3m due to finding colour defects part way through on  2 separate rolls!

I'm very happy with the results, the only thing I would say is make sure your paint is good first, I had a few untreated stone chips on the front bumper and 1 on the bonnet and I can see where they were through the wrap. My own fault as I intended on sorting them first but ran out of time.

Cheers, yeah I had asked a wrapper (expensive one, does yacht work rather than cars) about working on a slightly rough classic and the advice was “just get it sorted properly first”. The wrap would just colour the cr*p and end up looking worse if not from a distance.

Surprised to hear that about 3M. It’s usually spoken about in high regard.

Love the colour though, PTS 981 now :)

• Like 1

Finally at last my windscreen has been replaced. 3 cancelled visits by the firm sent out by Saga Insurance...it has been a real saga.

Also today replaced a rear control arm on the suspension which seems to have solved the billiard ball rattle coming from the rear:bana:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

dropped it off for it's new exhaust to be fitted...

plus MOT, brake fluid change & 60k service

hopefully the bill will be worth it 

EkIVKy1.jpg

Is it to replace an existing PSE or are you adding a valved exhaust ?  what make ?

2 hours ago, alank said:

Is it to replace an existing PSE or are you adding a valved exhaust ?  what make ?

Replacing the rear sections of PSE with Topgear switchable, PSE replacement parts on long back order apparently

FWIW my car has had replacement PSE rear sections under warranty previously, so maybe an aftermarket one will last longer!

3rd exhaust in 60k...

• Sad 1

On 8/8/2023 at 9:48 PM, Stuart21UK said:

mine's being fitted on the 16th :bana:

Are getting it back today? Interested if you like your new exhaust as much as I love mine 😉

also sat awaiting feedback...my phone hasn't rung to tell me Mr exhaust has found a way to fix my PSE but I have been told to this morning that my replacement suspension is waiting for me.

Might as well get both done at the same time as its' all rear of car (man maths or I'll buy that OLED TV too)

11 hours ago, Patt said:

well it's not from under use 🤣

7 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

Are getting it back today? Interested if you like your new exhaust as much as I love mine 😉

ABORT ABORT!!

talk about disappointment....

I dropped it off last night, got a call at 2pm this afternoon to say 'service and brake fluid has been done, the mot is tomorrow (WTF it should be being done today) and the exhaust hasn't been delivered as 'lost in transit'

ARGH FFS

Anyway they got the MOT sorted and no issues with that but now I have to sit and wait for a call to rebook once they have the exhaust in the workshop...I feel

bD0eXbY.png

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Stuart21UK said:

ABORT ABORT!!

talk about disappointment....

I dropped it off last night, got a call at 2pm this afternoon to say 'service and brake fluid has been done, the mot is tomorrow (WTF it should be being done today) and the exhaust hasn't been delivered as 'lost in transit'

ARGH FFS

Anyway they got the MOT sorted and no issues with that but now I have to sit and wait for a call to rebook once they have the exhaust in the workshop...I feel

bD0eXbY.png

Noooooooooooooppp 😞

removed the shyatee Isudar car-play board and wiring and fixed the "open circuit" on my OEM sat nag.

Also picked up a pair of new X73 rear dampers to replace one that got pot holed. I was told 33 weeks back order, so quite chuffed to get 2 out of the last 8.  Still waiting for the drop links from AutoDoc "stock"

Now I need to sort out the zorst and get some ramp time, ooh,,, and maybe have a go at the delaminated door card.

Don't remember ever doing this before in 10k+ miles...

Went for a country blat, as usual Sports Mode and Manual.  However going through a village with some horses trotting in front I elected to switch off the PSE from shotgun scare-mode.

Forgot to switch it back on so it was still on quiet when I was next going about the business of blatting.  It was pretty good actually, hear more of the induction maybe?  Not sure but can't believe I haven't tried this combo before.  Maybe I have and the sound is just more different between the 2.7 and 3.4 but I quite liked it.

• Like 2