What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ATM said:

Passenger side air scoop has some form of fan inside.  The other day this was running constantly.  What's it for?  Anyone else had theirs running in this colder weather?

I’d assume it’s an engine cooling fan for when the car’s stationary to keep air flow over the engine when it’s not being pushed into the air scoops.

2 hours ago, Nobbie said:

I’d assume it’s an engine cooling fan for when the car’s stationary to keep air flow over the engine when it’s not being pushed into the air scoops.

Clearly something broken then because it does it when first started and it is deffo not hot.

4 hours ago, ATM said:

Clearly something broken then because it does it when first started and it is deffo not hot.

Dodgy engine temperature sensor on the inlet manifold? I think this is for a 987, but expect the 981 is similar. Looks a fairly easy swap.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Boxster_Tech/26-FUEL-Engine_Sensors/26-FUEL-Engine_Sensors.htm#:~:text=This sensor is simply held,car near the cylinder head.

Changed the stock D3S 35W bi-xenon PDLS HID bulbs with new Osram Cool Blue Intense Xenarc Next Gen 6200k bulbs (+150% brightness) - The light output is definitely less yellow / more blue than the stock bulbs - more akin to the colour of the LED DRLs now.

Finished off my winter Preparations in between showers:

Carpet mats changed out for the Rubber ones

Cleaned inside all glass

Hoovered

Replaced Wiper blades (Bosch)

Topped up squirty washers with neat concentrate

1 minute ago, Patt said:

Topped up squirty washers with neat concentrate

Topped mine up with water and a squirt of washing up liquid today (after nearly jumping out of my skin when the low washer fluid warning light came on 😂)

On 12/11/2023 at 3:07 PM, Davey P said:

Topped mine up with water and a squirt of washing up liquid today (after nearly jumping out of my skin when the low washer fluid warning light came on 😂)

Ever since I got stuck in the snow in the in the depths of [some European country] I have used proper screen wash because it doesn't freeze up exactly when you need it the most.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 3:07 PM, Davey P said:

Was always told washing up liquid is a big no no, so never use it myself always used screen wash.

1 hour ago, mneil said:

Was always told washing up liquid is a big no no, so never use it myself always used screen wash.

Washing up liquid is designed to foam, so you can get surprisingly sudsy spray onto your windscreen, plus it gives very little protection from freezing temperatures.