What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Fitted the cruise control, just need to get it coded in somewhere and not OPC as at present done this on the cheap in at 120 bag at the moment 

When you ordering some decent headers with sports cats Mick, made a wonderful difference to low down torque in mine and I'm sure you'll like the added deep bass in the exhaust note 😃? The GT4 shirt shift gear lever was also a nice addition 😃

19 minutes ago, mneil said:

When you ordering some decent headers with sports cats Mick, made a wonderful difference to low down torque in mine and I'm sure you'll like the added deep bass in the exhaust note 😃? The GT4 shirt shift gear lever was also a nice addition 😃

Hi Neil , nice to hear from you as been a while, now stop trying spending money for me !!

Link to headers would be nice , this is a PDK so obviously short shift not required 

Mick

33 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Hi Neil , nice to hear from you as been a while, now stop trying spending money for me !!

Link to headers would be nice , this is a PDK so obviously short shift not required 

Mick

https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-boxster-cayman-981-manifolds-with-cats

These are what I put on mine I did recoup some funds selling the old cats, 😃c

Edited by mneil
Alzheimer's

7 minutes ago, mneil said:

https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-boxster-cayman-981-manifolds-with-cats

These are what I put on mine I did recoup some funds selling the old cats, 😃c

Thanks Neil,

Going to book myself into the Doctor, for a Kidney function test , see if one of mine has any value!😂

6 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Thanks Neil,

Going to book myself into the Doctor, for a Kidney function test , see if one of mine has any value!😂

Whilst you've still got the two, March 3rd, bridgnorth run if you're free?

5 minutes ago, mneil said:

Whilst you've still got the two, March 3rd, bridgnorth run if you're free?

Like I’m up for that , the Carnewal I’ve just done , has lifted the ephemeral experience quite a bit.

Put a post on the forum re Bridgenorth run

41 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Like I’m up for that , the Carnewal I’ve just done , has lifted the ephemeral experience quite a bit.

Put a post on the forum re Bridgenorth run

It would be nice to see you and your new car👍

Be interesting if you think it feels a bit bigger on the tighter twistys, I think they do but you can still fire them round the corners. The PDK is fantastic as you can keep both hands on the wheel while you’re white knuckling 😂

Hopefully the weather will be a dryer than the Christmas breakfast meet which was very wet

29 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

It would be nice to see you and your new car👍

Be interesting if you think it feels a bit bigger on the tighter twistys, I think they do but you can still fire them round the corners. The PDK is fantastic as you can keep both hands on the wheel while you’re white knuckling 😂

Hopefully the weather will be a dryer than the Christmas breakfast meet which was very wet

Yes it has been awhile , see if I can get a few more reprobates on board 👍

8 hours ago, bally4563 said:

done this on the cheap in at 120 bag at the moment

I thought a bag was a bag of sand = grand. Doesn't sound cheap to me...!

NSR tuning fork , replaced today noticed that when I did the lower control arms , off side was new , I can’t understand why people do any suspension work and only do one side , firm believer do both if one side has gone , the other can’t be far behind . And the one I changed was like a pr*ck in a shirt sleeve !! Trouble with this joint is near impossible to tell when it’s loaded up how worn it actually is, until you get the snooker ball rattle. Which this wasn’t doing , but would have not been long

If I was 20 years younger, and I had a buisness there would be no half cocked Jobs , just try to do it right first time, all your tools are out , procedures in place crack on and do the opposite side

• Like 1

Finally got round to cleaning the car inside, which it desperately needed. Hoovered the mats and carpets in the cabin and both boots (I don't like the term "frunk"). Cleaned all the plastics, and topped up the screen wash tank. Only thing I didn't do was clean the leather seats, which I'll save for another day. Work has been a bit slack for the past month, so definitely got too much time on my hands... 😄

Front pads and discs and  a pair of second hand low mileage front struts ( off a car that were changed out for X73 at 25 k ) Done this in the past down this route , however trust me if you do this yourself and go on u tube etc that tell you need spring compressors to do this you don’t , a little technique and they fly out … ish as in not stuck in the hub and drop links come out easy

Just dropped it off at the wheel refurbishing shop. Going Porsche Satin Aurum Gold with Aurum centre caps 🫣🫣 Hopefully it’ll look good. Think when I have the GT4 style front bumper fitted in March it’ll look great. Before photo. Will post another when I pick the car up 👍

IMG-5634.jpg 

Not today but yesterday I had the dreaded flat battery 😩 Self inflicted really as I had robbed the plug off my ctek and forgotten to replace it and put the car on trickle💩

Now after a bit of head scratching and internet research I tried to get in the car, fortunately it wasn’t locked but the window wouldn’t drop but I did manage to open the passenger door. Happy days I thought, pop it on the ctek and I’m back in business? No the ctek wasn’t having it in the cigar lighter, just wouldn’t charge 🤔 So I needed to get to the battery but the drivers wouldn’t open with the window up so I couldn’t access the fuse box to do the jump trick. I decided there must be an emergency cable for the bonnet and found a foreign video online demonstrating it but it was a left hand drive car and the cable was on the left hand side. I decided the rhd must be on the right and even checked online “yes it is on the drivers side of a rhd car” after removing the wheel and stripping the wheel arch I can confirm it is on the passenger side of our right hand drive cars!!🤬 I eventually managed to pop the bonnet after doing the same on the passenger side and accessing the battery. I thought I’m on the home straight here! Nope it appears my battery is Donald ducked so a new one is on order!

The moral of the story is keep your battery charged and don’t pinch the plug like I did, also I’m not sure what you would of done if the locking wheel bolts would have been fitted as the key bolt would have been in the front boot 😩

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Not today but yesterday I had the dreaded flat battery 😩 Self inflicted really as I had robbed the plug off my ctek and forgotten to replace it and put the car on trickle💩

Now after a bit of head scratching and internet research I tried to get in the car, fortunately it wasn’t locked but the window wouldn’t drop but I did manage to open the passenger door. Happy days I thought, pop it on the ctek and I’m back in business? No the ctek wasn’t having it in the cigar lighter, just wouldn’t charge 🤔 So I needed to get to the battery but the drivers wouldn’t open with the window up so I couldn’t access the fuse box to do the jump trick. I decided there must be an emergency cable for the bonnet and found a foreign video online demonstrating it but it was a left hand drive car and the cable was on the left hand side. I decided the rhd must be on the right and even checked online “yes it is on the drivers side of a rhd car” after removing the wheel and stripping the wheel arch I can confirm it is on the passenger side of our right hand drive cars!!🤬 I eventually managed to pop the bonnet after doing the same on the passenger side and accessing the battery. I thought I’m on the home straight here! Nope it appears my battery is Donald ducked so a new one is on order!

The moral of the story is keep your battery charged and don’t pinch the plug like I did, also I’m not sure what you would of done if the locking wheel bolts would have been fitted as the key bolt would have been in the front boot 😩

Thanks for the reminder.

**quickly hurries off to plug ctek in**

1 hour ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

also I’m not sure what you would of done if the locking wheel bolts would have been fitted as the key bolt would have been in the front boot

Great point on the locking nut. I thought you could open doors using the emergency key even if the window can’t drop due to lack of power. 🤷‍♂️