What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

55 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

MOT passed no advisory’s, would of been very surprised if it had, but you never know!

Got mine booked in on Monday.  Like you, not anticipating any problems, but I'm off skiing on Friday, so won't have much time to get any issues sorted if it fails... 😂

9 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Got mine booked in on Monday.  Like you, not anticipating any problems, but I'm off skiing on Friday, so won't have much time to get any issues sorted if it fails... 😂

Well if it does take it with you with that tin roof , turn it upside down will make an excellent sledge !!! 😂

• Haha 1

The final part to the jigsaw!! NSF front control arm first thing this morning, took it for a run definitely bang on now , Top Tip , if you are doing lower control arms do the tuning forks marriage made in heaven!!!

1 hour ago, Jonners said:

This thread should be renamed to 'What has Mick done to his 991 today' 😂

When the thread started it was very much a case of "what has Ian done to his 981 today" . . .  it's a good thread whatever 👍 Ian (T24RES) also did a lot to his 986 Anni including the IMS before getting the 981. I think Ian's old Anni is still being enjoyed by a member here. Ian is playing with his bikes a lot these days, I believe.

Edited by Topbox

On 2/29/2024 at 4:46 PM, Del Lardo said:

yesterday to be precise. 

Threw it around an airfield for some fun.

sometimes less successfully 

Looks great which airfield did you do it at . Fancy ago myself 

Finally got round to wiring in a reverse camera into my Mr12volt carplay system in my PCM3.1.👍 

Integrated with a replacement led numberplate light and has Dynamic parking lines

No wire cutting /splicing req. Fully reversable.

• Like 3

swapped out the frunk gas struts with some ebay specials - 2 minute job and no dropping on me head again.

Washed it for the 2nd time this year too.

Took the Cayman in for it's MOT this morning - Passed, with no advisories! Not that I was surprised, but it's still a great feeling, get in! ☺️👍

• Like 1

Not today but took mine for a mot and passed with flying colours 😎

I also gave my Spyder tail lights off Daz a compound and polish.

53567734244_50f62c03df_b.jpg

They appeared to be quite tidy but under the inspection lamp were quite swirly.

53567608243_fa57fb9820_b.jpg

But now they are looking very tidy 😎

53567853490_29c2339f86_b.jpg

I am planning on giving the car a light polish and a ceramic coating once the weather warms up. It’s pretty good now but I’m just curious if I can get it better and also I’ve never applied a ceramic coating before.

• Like 4

On 3/1/2024 at 5:58 PM, ant123 said:

Looks great which airfield did you do it at . Fancy ago myself 

North Weald but you can't just rock up and start playing (unless you want to have a nice chat with the local constabulary).

https://www.awdrivertraining.co.uk mostly runs Driver Training there but sometimes does Activity Day events for car clubs. 

Did a day there many years ago when I had an Evo VI. 

Spent some fun time seeing who could get the most sideways at 70/80 mph before backing it into the corner.