What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

Picked it up!!!!!

981 club joined. 
IMHO a very nice Boxster S in Sapphire Blue, lots of extras …

not sure who said these are not quick, I think they’re pretty fast. Plenty fast enough. 

I’ll do a ride report soon 😎

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dubdubz said:

Picked it up!!!!!

981 club joined. 

not sure who said these are not quick, I think they’re pretty fast. Plenty fast enough. 

Congrats!

Sapphire Blue is officially the best colour too 🤩

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dubdubz said:

Picked it up!!!!!

981 club joined. 

Don't laugh, but, as well as quick enough, they're also a smooth, quiet, comfortable cruiser when you want them to be. 

The suspension in the 981 is a class leading masterpiece that's difficult to describe, because it just does everything so well, compliant yet firm.

You don't get a battering like you do in a 987, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took two cars to the restaurant for my birthday lunch with the family. After lunch they turned left for home, I turned right for 3-4 hours of fun in the Lil’ Red Devil on the twisties.

Been a couple of weeks since I drove it, really is a bit of a rocket when hoofing to overtake safely 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moospeed said:

Took two cars to the restaurant for my birthday lunch with the family. After lunch they turned left for home, I turned right for 3-4 hours of fun in the Lil’ Red Devil on the twisties.

Been a couple of weeks since I drove it, really is a bit of a rocket when hoofing to overtake safely 😁

Coming from a 2.5 986 Tip, the ability to overtake safely in more places is a massive bonus of the 981S. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not mine , but this morning, air filters rear anti roll bar bushes, and fixed a Top. Gear exhaust, where the valves , not seized but not working, bastardised a  new valve  ( that I have had knocking around for years )to make it fit , now all good , my friend is extremely pleased , just got to Service his PDK and replace font pads and discs , job will be a good un !

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Not mine , but this morning, air filters rear anti roll bar bushes, and fixed a Top. Gear exhaust, where the valves , not seized but not working, bastardised a  new valve  ( that I have had knocking around for years )to make it fit , now all good , my friend is extremely pleased , just got to Service his PDK and replace font pads and discs , job will be a good un !

He bored of it yet Mick? 

13 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Yes , it will be a bargain for someone, probably 22.5 k,but not until it’s sorted 

I was hoping 15k 🤞To his good pal Luke. I only called him Zanziw anchor once! 

Edited by Cocky

5 minutes ago, Cocky said:

I was hoping 15k 🤞To his good pal Luke. I only called him Zanziw anchor once! 

He got a good deal on it at the time it was a Billy bargain, said he needed to throw a grand at it , but if can pitch it right at the price it would be still a good bargain, without him being greedy 

14 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

He got a good deal on it at the time it was a Billy bargain, said he needed to throw a grand at it , but if can pitch it right at the price it would be still a good bargain, without him being greedy 

Hopefully not so bad on the ears nowadays.I was wondering if it had  valves.

IMG-2945.jpgOver at Porsche Glasgow on Friday to book my Boxster in to get cruise control retrofitted. Planning on doing lots of road trips to Europe so I want the CC for relaxed driving on the motorways. Booked in for the middle of May then my Boxster will be the exact spec I was looking for when Boxster shopping.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Moonshine,

I thought you had stolen my car so I had to check my garage! Relived to find it still there!

We had rain all day in Northumberland but the sun came out last night so I took mine for an evening blast.

Steve

IMG_2731a.jpg

• Haha 1

Replaced front and rear pads, discs and sensors.  

There was plenty of meat left on the old (6.5 year old), but not enough, in my opinion, to be safe for a couple of track days where I need to travel home afterwards safely.

• Like 1

New front tyres - Michelin Pilot sport 4 S's from Mr Tyre £468 with hopefully £40 cashback from Michelin

Car felt better on short drive home for certain - the old ones were very hard and had some deep cracking ... 

still hunting the creaks 😞 but one is in the rood for deffo - so I will take the front metal strip and drop the roof lining to see whats going on...