What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

1 hour ago, Patt said:

Replaced front and rear pads, discs and sensors.  

There was plenty of meat left on the old (6.5 year old), but not enough, in my opinion, to be safe for a couple of track days where I need to travel home afterwards safely.

Patt,  going to do mine soon, when replacing rear do you have to do anything regarding electric hand brake, thought i read somewhere about setting a gap ??.   thanks 

46 minutes ago, alank said:

Patt,  going to do mine soon, when replacing rear do you have to do anything regarding electric hand brake, thought i read somewhere about setting a gap ??.   thanks 

I read the same, and historically have had the error on the dash.....nothing so far although only been out twice since.

40 minutes ago, Dubdubz said:

do you mean the shop is not listed in the drop down?

where did you get yours from - its a long list and wasn't working for me first time I tried

last time I was able to add the local shop and then attach the picture of the invoice.

This time no such luck.

1 hour ago, Patt said:

last time I was able to add the local shop and then attach the picture of the invoice.

This time no such luck.

I looked at Just tyres, for my size 265/35/20 NO Porsche  OEm they were £323 fitted. I looked at Costco andd they are 'only' £270 fitted. I was told to wait until May 15th and they are likely to be£50 off. On that basis I joined Costco for £22. I'll still be quids in when i purchase.

The costco warehouse website will let you see the prices for your size without joining.

27 minutes ago, andygo said:

I looked at Just tyres, for my size 265/35/20 NO Porsche  OEm they were £323 fitted. I looked at Costco andd they are 'only' £270 fitted. I was told to wait until May 15th and they are likely to be£50 off. On that basis I joined Costco for £22. I'll still be quids in when i purchase.

The costco warehouse website will let you see the prices for your size without joining.

Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but a couple of years ago I did the same I joined Costco to be able to buy Michelins for my Boxster only to find that the ‘Individual  membership’ that I bought didn’t allow me to buy tyres you had to buy a more expensive membership to allow car tyre purchases. So maybe you should check if your membership allows you to buy the tyres.

2 hours ago, deanmr2 said:

Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but a couple of years ago I did the same I joined Costco to be able to buy Michelins for my Boxster only to find that the ‘Individual  membership’ that I bought didn’t allow me to buy tyres you had to buy a more expensive membership to allow car tyre purchases. So maybe you should check if your membership allows you to buy the tyres.

says so here 
Tyres (costco.co.uk)

looks like you need the individual £33 one to buy tyres

Nope, I didn't check the website first, because last time I was able to add in the shop.  Plus most companies usually put "at selected outlets " etc etc.

Oh well, I didn't over pay and I still have the tyres I wanted fitted on the car.

On 4/27/2024 at 5:52 PM, bally4563 said:

Not mine , but this morning, air filters rear anti roll bar bushes, and fixed a Top. Gear exhaust, where the valves , not seized but not working, bastardised a  new valve  ( that I have had knocking around for years )to make it fit , now all good , my friend is extremely pleased , just got to Service his PDK and replace font pads and discs , job will be a good un !

All the outstanding jobs , plus painted up his wheel nuts and rear disc bells, don’t like seeing rust through a wheel, but that’s my personal OCD 😂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Patt said:

agree - all discs were painted before fitment too.

No masking required - just burn of the excess paint with use 😉

Auto jacked up , put in neutral and let the wheels rotate and spray get a a lovely even finish 

2 hours ago, moospeed said:

In an effort to make life imitate art where I’d added the side stripes on my painting…

IMG-1080.jpg

…they are now on the real thing.

IMG-2816-Original.jpg

Looks great with those wheels!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moospeed said:

I also thought I’d see what it would look like in Jade Green.

IMG-6543.jpg

Not sure about that one. Almost as lairy as Mat Armstrong's McLaren.

• Like 1

Quick wash and brush up after the long drive home yesterday from collection in Knaresborough.lYXTvQx.jpeg

dpTY5RX.jpeg

And a small cosmetic update in similar vein to my old 987sqvrFqn.jpeg

All ready for a first run out to a car meet in Weymouth tomorrow, weather permitting.

Edited by red rocket
  • Like 2

Been out for a quick run in the sun with the bride and it gave me chance to test the new steering wheel and also see what the Alcantara lower dash looked like in the sun ☀️ 

53698508585_3e66054268_b.jpg

I m pleased with the new updates and that smaller wheel feels great 👍 

53698409269_666ff3bd86_b.jpg

I just need to get the door grabs professionally covered as my poor attempt leaves a lot to be desired 😂

• Like 5

On 5/3/2024 at 8:06 PM, red rocket said:

Looks great with those wheels!

Cheers, I’m enjoying the look more and more.

After I’d washed it last week prior to striping it was sat at the end of the drive whilst I done the wife’s car. The sun was setting and I have to say I was distracted by admiring it instead of the job in hand. I wouldn’t describe the 981 as a classic beauty but right angle and right light and it does impress.

On 5/3/2024 at 8:08 PM, red rocket said:

Not sure about that one. Almost as lairy as Mat Armstrong's McLaren.

Jade Green is an old Porsche colour.

I’m not about to wrap it and start a YouTube channel though.

• Haha 1