What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

On 3/30/2024 at 5:32 PM, moospeed said:

Added a bit of grillage 

IMG-2523-Original.jpg

For me the jury is out on how useful it is for my usage (low mileage, mainly dry and sunny) but hey it’s not going to cause any harm.

Looks pretty neat.

Did you make these up yourself?

2 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Switched the alarm off at 01:30 this morning.  Only obvious thing is it has been rain lots.  Battery is about 5 years old but still cranked OK last time it started on Monday.  Hoping I've not got wet electrics but it has survived lots of heavy rain so far this year and drains were clear two weeks ago.....

When the rain stops and things are bit dryer outside I'll take a proper look.

Check the back-up battery in the siren.

Just did the SSD conversion for the PCM hard disk as per the thread on here, happy to report it worked and for a sub £40 outlay seemed a solid bit of preventative maintenance.  Would recommend!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ribroaster3 said:

Looks pretty neat.

Did you make these up yourself?

Yeah, I don't remember where I got the mesh from but it was pretty easy.  The only fiddly part is getting it installed but not too long.

One of those jobs where the first side will take 30 mins of scraped knuckles and the second side will be 3 mins and easy.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 4:13 PM, Withy said:

Had the PSE replaced.  One side actuator snapped ages ago, and there other side seized as they all do eventually, and I'd been thinking of going Carnewal or something but was always keen on keeping things OEM.  Had kept my eye on Design 911 as a potential supplier of a PSE as all OPC's seem to be in a no stock situation, and/or allocating available to warranty replacements (mine isn't under warranty).  After speaking to Design911, they said that there could be an update in March, so I kept an eye on this for stock levels. https://www.design911.com/p/sports-exhaust-system-pse-porsche-981-boxster---981c-cayman-cars-with-sports-tail-pipes/

One evening last week it said "in stock" so I pulled the trigger, and it arrived promptly, and I arranged local indy to fit it yesterday.  So my lovely BGTS is back to full musical awesomeness, with the button doing the necessary thang.  

Pse

PSE in a box

Replacement PSE Replacement PSE

Just out interest do you still have the spare parts the came with your exhaust?

I could do with a few of the parts in that box if there not needed ;) 

Edited by toby_b

4 hours ago, toby_b said:

Just out interest do you still have the spare parts the came with your exhaust?

I could do with a few of the parts in that box if there not needed ;) 

I’m afraid not, sorry. Seems that the kit is supplied as most if not all parts are needed to install the PSE correctly. Seems my Indy had to supply an additional bracket too due to some corrosion, so absolutely nothing left over (well, other than some tie wraps)

10 hours ago, Withy said:

I’m afraid not, sorry. Seems that the kit is supplied as most if not all parts are needed to install the PSE correctly. Seems my Indy had to supply an additional bracket too due to some corrosion, so absolutely nothing left over (well, other than some tie wraps)

No problem. I thought it was worth an ask as I have the exhaust back boxes but just need to purchase the wiring etc which is not needed if your replacing the backboxes.

One day I will get round to fitting my pse :) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Pressed the ‘Sport’ button🙂

First you fill your drive with rusting bits of car, then you do this?

Neighbours must really hate you now.

Installed this kit and the difference in audio is night and day. The stock audio was ASK - 1 door speaker and 1 tweeter in each vent. I had more bass in my phone speaker than the door panel.

The kit is of great quality, custom made to fit perfectly as a plug and play effort and by using this video it really can be done by anyone with a torx screwdriver.

Peter at SCR distribution was a great help when ordering and even called me to make sure the order arrived safe. A great product and clearly a guy who knows his way around Porsche audio like the back of his hand.

Took her for a drive to test out the audio and popped in for a quick clean and polish on the way home. I must have made it 300m down the road when a tractor pulled out in front of me and send mud and dirt flying from its wheels as it climbed speed. Typical :suicide_anim:

• Like 2

Went for a 110 mile three mountain pass run here in S. Wales. Car is simply awesome. But when you’re followed by a hot hatch Ford over one then and at the end I’m turning right and the Fords turning left. Road is big enough for side by side position and he looks over. Gives the thumbs up and then says. That sounds unbelievable. So good 😊 Obviously I had Sport engaged and the PSE was singing. Smiling all the way home 😂😎

• Like 1