What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

9 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Just dropped it off at the wheel refurbishing shop. Going Porsche Satin Aurum Gold with Aurum centre caps 🫣🫣 Hopefully it’ll look good. Think when I have the GT4 style front bumper fitted in March it’ll look great. Before photo. Will post another when I pick the car up 👍

IMG-5634.jpg 

I think the wheels will look great in that colour, that is my favourite of the gold.

I will be interested in seeing the GT4 style bumper with the gold wheels, I think you may need to look into spacers to beef up the look to match the more aggressive bumper 👍

• Like 1

Steering wheel retrimmed by Royal steering wheels in dark grey alcantara with blue stitching and centre stripe to match yachting blue interior. Fantastic quality workmanship as always from Royals. Pic is a bit dark!

cKcigMw.jpeg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Madlil said:

Steering wheel retrimmed by Royal steering wheels in dark grey alcantara with blue stitching and centre stripe to match yachting blue interior. Fantastic quality workmanship as always from Royals. Pic is a bit dark!

cKcigMw.jpeg

Gorgeous. Love me a Royals retrim 👍

• Like 1

As mentioned above I dropped the car off Monday to a well respected Wheel Refurb shop local to me. I was contacted Thursday morning to say the car wouldn’t be ready until late Friday as they weren’t happy with the colour match on the wheels after it they had been powder coated too the OPC supplied centre caps I’d given them in Porsche Aurum gold. So they were going to strip and re-due them and the car would be ready Friday evening. Car picked up tonight and to say I’m delighted with the finish is an understatement. Can’t wait for the GT4 style front bumper to go on now in March. 

IMG-5824.jpg
IMG-5819.jpgIMG-5821.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

As mentioned above I dropped the car off Monday to a well respected Wheel Refurb shop local to me. I was contacted Thursday morning to say the car wouldn’t be ready until late Friday as they weren’t happy with the colour match on the wheels after it they had been powder coated too the OPC supplied centre caps I’d given them in Porsche Aurum gold. So they were going to strip and re-due them and the car would be ready Friday evening. Car picked up tonight and to say I’m delighted with the finish is an understatement. Can’t wait for the GT4 style front bumper to go on now in March. 

IMG-5824.jpg
IMG-5819.jpgIMG-5821.jpg

Now where have I seen that colour before 🤔

• Haha 1

Spring

Changing springs out for 10 mm lower , bought of @daz05 just rears to do now but that’s for Saturday, dropped from measurements from wheel arch to floor 22.5 to 22 1/8 just closed that gap down a little , will have for sale front OE standard springs removed from a car that’s done 25k

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Spring

Changing springs out for 10 mm lower , bought of @daz05 just rears to do now but that’s for Saturday, dropped from measurements from wheel arch to floor 22.5 to 22 1/8 just closed that gap down a little , will have for sale front OE standard springs removed from a car that’s done 25k

My bad 28.5 to 28 1/8

What haven’t you done today , replacing rear springs , having a mare of a job , walked away tackle for another day , sometimes when struggling, leave and approach with a fresh head….top tip !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

What haven’t you done today , replacing rear springs , having a mare of a job , walked away tackle for another day , sometimes when struggling, leave and approach with a fresh head….top tip !

Getting quite arthritic now so powers are definitely down .. still won’t beat me just a more levelled approach to the outcome !

19 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Getting quite arthritic now so powers are definitely down .. still won’t beat me just a more levelled approach to the outcome !

40 mins this morning made significant improvement, compared to three hours struggling the day previous. Hence reiterate best just walk away sometimes, come back with a fresh head!

41 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

40 mins this morning made significant improvement, compared to three hours struggling the day previous. Hence reiterate best just walk away sometimes, come back with a fresh head!

If you need another pair of hands, just say. I can bring my filler foam🙂

2 hours ago, Nobbie said:

If you need another pair of hands, just say. I can bring my filler foam🙂

Getting to an age now where sometimes, just a hand would make all the difference where 12 months ago no requirement needed ! It’s a bastard when you took everything for granted and him with the syche is now lurking

• Haha 2

On 2/17/2024 at 8:33 PM, bally4563 said:

Finished off this morning, tomorrow morning front control arms then that should be it!! Oh and a squeak on front offside front brake even though recently all replaced cleaned up and copa slipped must of missed something 

What I didn’t do today !! Front control arms , under tray screws seized solid hit with penetrating spray leave for another day but does look like I will be drilling them out 😡😡

On 2/23/2024 at 10:19 PM, bally4563 said:

What I didn’t do today !! Front control arms , under tray screws seized solid hit with penetrating spray leave for another day but does look like I will be drilling them out 😡😡

Back from work tonight did one front control arm, after having to drill out 4 of the under tray fasteners, do the other on Friday when I’m back home again, then that should be it🙏🏼