Tuned 718 GTS

JohnSyn

3 hours ago, map said:

Known these guys since they started - to my knowledge always properly engineered:

https://www.nineexcellence.com/upgrades/9e-packages/718sgts-stage-1-9epdk.html

Ive read about the Carerra T they've fettled on another forum...by all acounts transforms a good car into somethign special

9 hours ago, map said:

Known these guys since they started - to my knowledge always properly engineered:

Thats really interesting! Thanks. A friend of mine uses them for all his cars, he has three Porsches including a 964, and also really rates them. 

11 hours ago, map said:

2 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Thats really interesting! Thanks. A friend of mine uses them for all his cars, he has three Porsches including a 964, and also really rates them. 

You’re welcome. 

Having used them and Parr I’d rate them equally albeit each has their own focus.  

The 9e 99x TT builds are mind blowing and although I haven’t used them in a good while I still keep an eye on what they are up to.

Sounds like your friend could give you a solid introduction to the guys. Will be fascinated to see what you end up doing. 

35 minutes ago, map said:

Will be fascinated to see what you end up doing

Oddly its a train of thought that @tony_zx9r set me going on after a chat with him at the recent Blackbushe meeting. I'm toying with the idea of getting a 6 cylinder 718 if and when they are available. For  less money I could buy a used 718 GTS and get it tuned for a far greater output than the 6 cylinder. Plus of course the 6 cylinder will have the particulate filter which will dampen the noise anyway. Or stay as I am with the 981 GTS and have some work done to that! Nice first world problems!

18 hours ago, Gee-money said:

APR have just released a remap for the S and Gts with gains of 439bhp and up to 421 torque.

That's a big gain for road use, would it be at the expense of reliability I wonder.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:53 PM, Gee-money said:

APR have just released a remap for the S and Gts with gains of 439bhp and up to 421 torque.

21 hours ago, mneil said:

That's a big gain for road use, would it be at the expense of reliability I wonder.

Is it? I ask out of genuine curiosity as tuning a turbo engine to produce a 20% power increase seems in keeping with some of the other upgrades I've seen. I agree there must be some trade off with ongoing reliability. 

Damn! the forum police, aka @Menoporsche will notice that I've put two quotes in one post!!! Must try to remember! 

17 hours ago, Gee-money said:

Called APR today and they want a £1000 for a remap but they would need to send my ECU of to the States. No other 718 has been remapped yet so I would be the guinea pig 🤔

Would be more inclined to use TechArt  in that case. Looking at their web site, it is a simple plug and play addition to the ECU and therefore easily removable if needed.

2 hours ago, Patt said:

Or get a COBB unit from Mad Developments (AKA Mark Shead on here)

Still on the fence about swapping my 981s for a 718s🤔. Really chuffed with mine after its upgrades but just the thought of all that torque 🙄.

Drive one, but make sure you drive it with all the buttons turned off. 

It's not just the noise that put me off, the lack of low down power was shocking if you forgot to select sports mode.

If you want more torque then I'd suggest more cc/stroker kit is the way forward.

Archived