982 4.0 GTS

JohnSyn

14 minutes ago, CliveH said:

Best news I've heard in a long time! :rocks:Once again Porsche listen to customer feedback and sentiment.

Congratulations on getting an early order in @RBD914 v2 Are you able to share your build code?

Not yet as PDK unavailable for build at the moment.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a feeling you'd be sticking with PDK Rob.

So does "order placed" mean you're in the queue for a PDK build as soon as they release it?

5 hours ago, CliveH said:

I had a feeling you'd be sticking with PDK Rob.

So does "order placed" mean you're in the queue for a PDK build as soon as they release it?

Yes but OPC advised me today that it's now looking like Autumn for the PDK cars....to long to wait!

Test driving a 992 today...mmmmm nice!

1 hour ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Yes but OPC advised me today that it's now looking like Autumn for the PDK cars....to long to wait!

Of course then PDK will add another £2 1/2 k to the price, im looking down the 991 route

21 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Behave Rob! 😁

Did the GTS on the configurater today,only £7k of options and sent off to Exeter Porsche :)

42 minutes ago, Gutley said:

Colour?

White,satin wheels ... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I’ve not been around for a while  ,last time I was ,  Araf had washed his car and SFO had an RS60 .I sold my C4S and Spyder in 2017 , was looking for a manual 981 GTS for most of last year for some back to basics driving , not only does there seem to be very few but they were all £50k + and PDK , However I’m pleased to say I ordered this the morning they were announced 

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?userID=EG&lang=en&PARAM=parameter_internet_en&hookURL=https://www.porsche.com/uk/modelstart/all/default.ashx&webcode=PLVMZXK7

Got a April allocation , I missed out on the 981 , wasn’t going to miss out on this .

3 minutes ago, spice said:

Hi everyone, I’ve not been around for a while  ,last time I was ,  Araf had washed his car and SFO had an RS60 

LOL! 
SFO hasn’t been here for ages, last heard of in a 911 I thought. 
Good luck with the new one!

7 minutes ago, spice said:

However I’m pleased to say I ordered this the morning they were announced 

Well done for not going overboard on the options. Lack of Cruise Control and Automatic climate control would bug me long term though

6 minutes ago, Gutley said:

Well done for not going overboard on the options. Lack of Cruise Control and Automatic climate control would bug me long term though

I have just had a play with the options and managed over £32k to add on :o

I wouldn't have ever ticked the auto dimming option, however with it fitted to my 981, I would spec it every time now. 

It dims on sunny days and is a god send for night driving as it removes the dazzle caused by being lower than most cars and all cars now have stupid bright lights.  I find it is activated every time I drove home from work.

The climate is a nice to have , but once you've got the manual settings adjusted the climate is really only useful when females get in the car and crank the heat up etc.. 

41 minutes ago, spice said:

on the standard climate do you still get a digital display screen showing temp etc ?

not on a 987, but no idea about new ones. I doubt it though as there is no auto setting so you can only control the relative temperature and the absolute fan speed. So setting an absolute value for temp makes no sense as there is nothing to automatically regulate it.

Archived