982 4.0 GTS

JohnSyn

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Graham W said:

Still slower than even a 718s with PDK and Chrono.  Bet it doesn't handle as well as the flat 4 with all that extra weight.  Time will tell.

4.6s vs 4.5s to 62 mph, is the only metric I can find of it being 'slower'.   

Also 1385 kilos vs 1405 kilos. Somehow suspect 20 kilos isn't the be all and end all of handling, and would be surprised if the chassis hasn't been tweaked with.

50 minutes ago, Graham W said:

Still slower than even a 718s with PDK and Chrono.  Bet it doesn't handle as well as the flat 4 with all that extra weight.  Time will tell.

The turbo engine was actually heavier than the old flat 6 once you accounted for the turbos and intercoolers etc. The 4.0 will be heavier than the old 3.4  which seems to be reflected in the figures above, either way the difference will be small enough to make little differance.

4 hours ago, RoddyT said:

The configurator will have been busy today!

yup, had a go at that - came to 75k. but no PDK... hurrumph...

I'm wondering if the extra two cylinders means shorter gearbox essential (ie manual) as there wouldn't be room for the longer pdk box maybe? 

Still not the end of the world if manual only - I'm sure they'll sell loads of them

I have had a phone call from my OPC before Christmas asking if i would be interested in placing an order when available. Of course i said interested as he seemed to think pdk available at release. If i took the leap then it would have to be PDK im afraid.

Archived