Joys of mid-engines and front boots ....

zcacogp

Chaps, 

Bit of a fun thread this one, prompted by an incident last week when my wife and I went shopping at a local supermarket. We paid for the shopping, pushed the trolley out to the car, opened the front boot and started loading up. When done we looked around to find where to return the trolley and saw three small kids staring slightly confused at us, wondering what on earth we were doing. (Their dad was just behind them with a big smile, sharing the amusement with us!)

A friend of mine learned the same lesson the hard way when he saw a Boxster parked by the road locally with the bonnet up and a very comely young lady looking in at the engine. Being the chivalrous type he stopped with a view to lending a hand, got out and walked over to the lady ... before realising his mistake, muttering an excuse, returning to his car and driving off. (This surprised me as he's pretty practical and knows where Boxster owners keep their engines.) 

Others on here must have better stories than these, and probably pictures too. So .... fire away! 

Border customs inspection. Need to inspect car and I am instructed to open the boot with the person pointing to the rear. Rear boot opened, nothing in it, closed and drove off with front boot full of stuff but not checked. 

Guy i know got stopped at French Customs in his 911. One of the officers insisted (apparently quite vehemently when he protested) that he open the (rear) boot for inspection. Apparently a second officer was quitely p*ssing himself in the background.

Done before with some great answers.  I liked the guy who had to open front and rear for inspection when entering an MoD property, plus a mirror underneath (recalling it's covered) - the beret spluttered "but where's the engine?"

I had a similar experience to @red rocket and @edc driving back from Spain, I was in the que to board the ferry to England got pulled into a garage and asked to open the rear boot all that was in it was my wife's and my coats, the guy looked at me and said my you travel light don't you. I didn't bother telling him about the large suitcase and bottles of wine in the front all within the allowance of course.

2 hours ago, zcacogp said:

A friend of mine learned the same lesson the hard way when he saw a Boxster parked by the road locally with the bonnet up and a very comely young lady looking in at the engine. Being the chivalrous type he stopped with a view to lending a hand, got out and walked over to the lady ... before realising his mistake, muttering an excuse, returning to his car and driving off. (This surprised me as he's pretty practical and knows where Boxster owners keep their engines.) 

Was the comely young lady muttering "Get back in the frunk you idiot or we will both end up in the jail"?

22 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Was the comely young lady muttering "Get back in the frunk you idiot or we will both end up in the jail"?

Dunno, I'll ask him! 

Good stories chaps. I'm smiling as I read them. I now want to take my 987 abroad and stuff the front full of illegal* stuff just to say I've beaten the system! 

* - OK, nearly-illegal. I'm too much of a conformist to actually break the law ossifer! 

Used to live in London near a school and car parked on driveway in front of house. I parked and opened the frunk while two kids standing nearby at a bus stop watching me.

one quietly whispers to the other within my earshot "it's got no engine!"

second one, in supermarket car park in wiltshire - traffic warden walking past stops while I'm loading shopping into the frunk on my 911

has a chat with her controller on the radio - "yeah, it's a porsche, it always confuses me when they put stuff in the front"

really, no kidding.

There's a local supermarket I use where the car park gets used by non store customers - and every now and again they do checks. I did my shopping and went to have my hair cut, across the road, and was back well within the two hour limit. A jobsworth saw me walking in from the car park entrance rather than shop and followed me to the car. Said  "I knew you weren't shopping here as your car is parked tail in to the wall." Opened the boot and showed him it full of groceries...

18 hours ago, edc said:

Border customs inspection. Need to inspect car and I am instructed to open the boot with the person pointing to the rear. Rear boot opened, nothing in it, closed and drove off with front boot full of stuff but not checked. 

That one does make me chuckle. 

I also recall one where a couple had loaded half a trolley of shopping into the rear and filled it. Some passer-by sneered "oh dear, looks like a taxi home with the rest then!"   At which point the frunk was opened, and his face fell....

Was in France and popped the froot to get something out - my wife’s goddaughter was amazed to see there was no engine, in like in her dad’s car. He piped up “it’s in the back...” (or french words to that effect) so I popped that one too.
Pretty sure there’s a young girl in France who thinks I’m like Fred flintstone...

On 1/31/2020 at 10:59 AM, Menoporsche said:

I also recall one where a couple had loaded half a trolley of shopping into the rear and filled it. Some passer-by sneered "oh dear, looks like a taxi home with the rest then!"   At which point the frunk was opened, and his face fell....

I've had similar more than once.  Big trolley of food and start by filling the boot,  I can see passers by looking thinking 'he's never going to get all that in there'.  Then I slam the boot closed with them probably thinking 'now what's he going to do?', I go around the front and reveal a truly cavernous frunk😁

22 hours ago, Rob™ said:

Was in France and popped the froot to get something out - my wife’s goddaughter was amazed to see there was no engine, in like in her dad’s car. He piped up “it’s in the back...” (or french words to that effect) so I popped that one too.
Pretty sure there’s a young girl in France who thinks I’m like Fred flintstone...

And we have a winner. 

As we become more Americanised it is refreshing to see proper basterdisation of the English language. 

Frunk has now been replaced by the correct British term of Froot :laugh:

4 hours ago, EXY said:

And we have a winner. 

As we become more Americanised it is refreshing to see proper basterdisation of the English language. 

Frunk has now been replaced by the correct British term of Froot :laugh:

Froot. I like that. It's a new word! 

Thanks Rob and EXY!

2 hours ago, Rob™ said:

DOn't we all call it the froot over here? No, well happy to oblige... 😁

Now you have spoiled all @CAZ fun as Frooting @John K is not as much fun as Frunking him, or at least that is what I have been told.

44 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

You think she and John could have a nice game of frootsie under the table?

I’ll ask him 😈

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

You think she and John could have a nice game of frootsie under the table?

Wait .... there's a girl on here? 

Amazing. I thought this place was solely inhabited by hairy and smelly middle-aged guys! 

>TucksInShirtAndStraightensTie<

Archived