Climate - what are the implications?

lofi

previous car (997.2) had manual air con/heater - found myself constantly fiddling with it to get it just how I wanted it - roof up or roof down.

Current car (again 987.2) has climate - set a temp - leave it alone unless 0c ambient and roof down then wind it to "hi"

Maybe 981's non climate are "better" but for me on the 987.2 - night and day difference in general no annoyance set and forget for the climate

Not experienced dual zone in porsche - had it in an audi convertible and never used it.

For me - climate control high on my "want" list, deal breaker - no.

That's how I felt too, it was the one thing I always looked for in car ads.

However, now I have a 981 without climate, it doesn't bother me.  Found a temperature I like and haven't touched it since. 

Now I think heated seats are far more important to interior comfort - nothing worse that cold leather in winter.

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Maybe the original buyer specced everything but the kitchen sync?

what theres an option to sync it to your kitchen.  Id wouldnt bother mine just keeps burning the food (im brave cos shes not on here)

so to sync then i just hod Auto do I?

This is cut and pasted from the “Good to know” Porsche app.

SYNC mode

In SYNC mode, the temperatures on the driver’s and passenger’s side are adjusted to the same level and are regulated via the TEMP button on the driver’s side.

Switching on SYNC mode

• Press and hold the AUTO/SYNC button until SYNC appears on the display.
  • Regulate the temperature on the driver’s and passenger’s side using the TEMP button on the driver’s side.

Switching off SYNC mode

• Press the AUTO/SYNC button or the TEMP button on the passenger’s side.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:48 AM, Flyferrari said:

This is cut and pasted from the “Good to know” Porsche app.

SYNC mode

In SYNC mode, the temperatures on the driver’s and passenger’s side are adjusted to the same level and are regulated via the TEMP button on the driver’s side.

Switching on SYNC mode

• Press and hold the AUTO/SYNC button until SYNC appears on the display.
  • Regulate the temperature on the driver’s and passenger’s side using the TEMP button on the driver’s side.

Switching off SYNC mode

• Press the AUTO/SYNC button or the TEMP button on the passenger’s side.

great thankyou so much.   Whats the app, sounds like its really useful.

On 2/11/2020 at 3:50 PM, Scubaregs said:

If in sync and the passenger adjusts their temp button, it will automatically come out of sync.

App is the Porsche "Goodtoknow" app.

Great thanks, just downloaded it.  I guess we just use the 718 car as it doesnt show older models.

Archived