H&R M030 (style) Springs

Sanky

On 2/9/2020 at 9:01 AM, bally4563 said:

straight forward so long as nothing is seized!!!!😩😩

Yeah, right. Nothing seized only if it has been a garage queen for its whole life and even then after 15 - 20 years I still foresee stripped knuckles.

Expect the worse, if all comes undone... Happy days, sometimes you can drop on to the fact that a previous owner was diligent and applied anti seize, from a previous overhaul, unlike this bastard I'm working on has never been touched, however other than the drop link, the rest came out, but that stands to reason that at some point it must have had an alignment done, got back tonight swopped Spring over , and loosly reassembled, short of re connecting the drive shaft and waiting for a drop link arrive, tick in the box.

Yes I'm using the Koni FSD with these H&R M030 spec springs. I'm not a regular track day goer, more an early morning hooner. In many respects this combo is similar to the OE M030 so should cope fine with a few track days. For the money there isn't much better. You can surely get better track performance but at what price and what compromise for the road? 

• 3 months later...

@edc, what did you do for bump stops with the FSD / H&R 'm030' combo? Are they included with either the springs / shocks?

If not, do the stock items fit the Koni dampers?

I can't remember exactly but do remember posting a picture on my 550 thread of the FSDs. From memory they don't come with bump stops but they are an OE length damper so you should be able to get standard bump stops to use. 

Archived