How do you drive yours?

stupidget

There is no point to not do drive and only keep the car in garage and drive it any other day. 

Assuming that you not making a lot miles on your daily commute it's the most fantastic car which you can drive. 

I just can't justify not to drive it and at the end what's the point having amazing car and not drive it... Lol ( it's like have a wife for 40 years and not even sleep with her 😏

13 hours ago, map said:

Here’s one 🤚

I am not good at understanding these things, but if that is hands held in prayer - yep been there following his Lordship "pottering"

14 hours ago, map said:

Here’s one 🤚

1 hour ago, Terryg said:

I am not good at understanding these things, but if that is hands held in prayer - yep been there following his Lordship "pottering"

It's a left hand being held up - or at least that was my intention....

Looking forward to better weather when I can drive it properly.

I've never owned such a lovely car so at the moment I'm driving it soooo carefully. Storms, rain, snow, ice, flooded roads. Ugh. I have a set of wheels for the old car I need to clear out the garage before I can go buying a set of winter wheels/tyres which will allow me to drive it without believing I'm about to bin it some time soon.

Full bore or pottering, but only visited 7k rpm region .  The car seems very capable of both in my 18 months of ownership.  A bit of right foot induced rear wheel steering, particularly at low speed, is sometimes very convenient.

On TC / stability systems, earliest ones were really only a spark/ignition cut i.e. reverse use of inputs from ABS, it is only the later stability versions that also use positive brake application and even diff management that work most capably.

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Full bore or pottering, but only visited 7k rpm region .  The car seems very capable of both in my 18 months of ownership.  A bit of right foot induced rear wheel steering, particularly at low speed, is sometimes very convenient.

On TC / stability systems, earliest ones were really only a spark/ignition cut i.e. reverse use of inputs from ABS, it is only the later stability versions that also use positive brake application and even diff management that work most capably.

What traction control lol mine had nothing,  the original owner preferred a leather dash to any safety goodies 😁👍

20 hours ago, Southy said:

What traction control lol mine had nothing,  the original owner preferred a leather dash to any safety goodies 😁👍

No TC on mine either other than the right foot.

Had a psm moment a while back. Less than 30 mph, in town, cold slippery road, cold tyres, turned gently to the left and the whole car started sliding out. Before I could think 'what the f?' Something had cut the throttle, dabbed the front brakes and I was all straight again.  Not sure how much that might annoy me if I were having big fun but it saved my bacon that time. Although another millisecond and my outstanding natural reactions would no doubt have sprung into action. I hope....

Had a couple of good drives this week.  280 mile round trip from Wolves to Reading for a meeting and then a 140 mile round trip from Wolves to Warrington for another meeting.  These are probably two of the longest drives I've done in the Boxster since I got it last August and it was a joy to drive, and I must admit having the cruise control on the M40 was a godsend.  For those 420 there was not a single 'blip' from the Boxster just miles and miles of fun driving.  Wish I could say the same for my Outlander PHEV which has to be the most boring vehicle on the entire planet.

Archived