Anyone know this red gen2 Boxster S - ex Bournemouth owner

djy

Hi, 

I'm looking to buy another Boxster S. I've got a limited budget, I'm looking for a 987.2 Boxster S. 

I've seen this red gen 2 Boxster S in red with the Sport Design body kit. I understand it was owned by a Porsche club member. Was the owner on here: 

https://www.qualitycarstoday.co.uk/vehicle-details/Porsche-Boxster-34-S-Manual-GEN-2-U909/

Interested to talk about the car if you are. Shame I didn't buy it from you privately, as we're both based in Bournemouth!

Dan

IMG_29623-large.jpg

Looks very nice, good to see strong money being asked as well - keeps the rest of ours up as well. Nice clean MOT history too, but why the 2 services so close together in 2019?

someone had their pants pulled down by the OPC though for that invoice

11 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Looks very nice, good to see strong money being asked as well - keeps the rest of ours up as well. Nice clean MOT history too, but why the 2 services so close together in 2019?

someone had their pants pulled down by the OPC though for that invoice

that OPC had big windows indeed

Jesus that opc service, bet that was a pre sale opc service done by them to help a sale. My old 987 spyder had one done with just 11000 miles on the clock totalling £2500!!

When you look at what actual new parts you got it was mostly their labour costs!!

That’s a bloody lovely car to be fair. Lovely spec and the best wheels. Shame it doesn’t have PASM or Chrono, but i’m a sucker for red sports cars, especially with the cosmetic options on this beauty. I assumed it was going to be about £20k before looking at the price. 

What would the same car be worth with say 85k mikes in a private sale?

On 3/15/2020 at 6:19 PM, red rocket said:

Only 2 Dorset PCGB members on here as far as i know and neither of us owned that one . Very nice looking example. I don't know the car but i'll tag @chrishak to see whether he knows.

Nope, no knowledge of this car - looks nice though!

Thanks for all the replies. 

The car is nearly perfect, could do with Sport mode and Bose to be my perfect spec, obviously the history couldn’t really be better. I think I’m going to hold out for a car with fewer miles though. Plus I think the price is too high at the moment. I’ve been watching gen 2 Boxsters and the same cars have been for sale for months now, nothing’s moving. 

I would wait at least 2 more weeks when the economic cuts really come in and offer even lower ... 

I did make a provisional offer of £16k on the black one, but the vendor has said he's now reserved it for someone. 

With everything that's going on, I'm trying to find a sub 60k mile 3.4 S gen2 for less than £16k. But it needs to be a good spec in a nice colour. Not too keen on the grey personally. 

12 hours ago, Jason986S said:

@djy have you tried making a lower cheeky/sensible offer circa £18k?

I might make a low ball offer in a few weeks. I'm in no rush at the moment, and as far as I can see, nothing much is selling. 

2 hours ago, djy said:

I might make a low ball offer in a few weeks. I'm in no rush at the moment, and as far as I can see, nothing much is selling. 

Make a low ball offer now!

If it’s accepted then you have a bargain & you can enjoy it straight away 

5 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Make a low ball offer now!

If it’s accepted then you have a bargain & you can enjoy it straight away 

I've still got my AMG GT S at the moment, so I'm weighing up whether it's a good idea to have two cars at the moment! But if there's a bargain to be had....

Archived