New Boxster

StephenM

Evening all,

I have just agreed to buy a new ( to me) Boxster and must say very excited.  The car is a 2008 in bright red it’s the 2.7 and comes with a hard top.  I have been looking for a while and this one has low mileage so hopefully it will be good.  I collect tomorrow so I will take some pictures then and let you know how it all goes!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the Red Box club :bana:

These cars are simply amazing ! I have only driven a few miles home but it was absolutely magnificant !! 😀

WeZ5GON.jpg

WeZ5GON.jpg

Now the first problem is how do I put the hard top out of the way in the garage really need it to hang from the roof, can anyone suggest anything please?

18 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

That's a Sport Edition isn't it? Has the bodykit. @CAZ you have a colleague...

Stephen, update your My Ride.

Yep! Has the splitters - mine also a 57 plate but an 07 as November 07 and not January 08     - my car's got a boyfriend 🤣:bana:

Hi All,

Thank you for your kind words, its a lovely car.  I have tried to update my ride but it does not let me put many words in ?

Yes its the sport edition - just reading up on what that means.

Hi @CAZ yes these two look very similar - I know who to go to for questions now

It seems the My Ride is now very limited - latest forum software or something.

51 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Now the first problem is how do I put the hard top out of the way in the garage really need it to hang from the roof, can anyone suggest anything please?

Sell it :)   You might get as much as a grand I think.  987 HTs sell for more than 986.  I hope you have heated seats?

51 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

It seems the My Ride is now very limited - latest forum software or something.

Sell it :)   You might get as much as a grand I think.  987 HTs sell for more than 986.  I hope you have heated seats?

He will have Meno  - it's the Sport Edition :licki: nothing like a warm bum hug on a cold and frosty morning on the way to a meet 🤣

My Sport Edition had the colour coded vertical side vents... and are those rear lights all red, or is it a trick of the light? But yeah, certainly has the exhaust, splitters and the spoiler. 

Lovely car, lovely colour... hope you enjoy it.

9 hours ago, StephenM said:

These cars are simply amazing ! I have only driven a few miles home but it was absolutely magnificant !!

If you think the car is magnificent now, wait until you've owned it for a bit longer... It gets better and better mate :thumbsup_anim:

My suggestion for the roof would be to sell it, and put the money towards maintenance costs, which can be a bit steep if you're unlucky (ask me how I know.... :lol:)

Love the red paintwork, and it's quite unusual to see one of these with such low mileage.  Enjoy it, and welcome to the forum.

Archived