New Boxster

StephenM

3 hours ago, Rob™ said:

My Sport Edition had the colour coded vertical side vents... and are those rear lights all red, or is it a trick of the light? But yeah, certainly has the exhaust, splitters and the spoiler. 

Lovely car, lovely colour... hope you enjoy it.

Cayman side vents they will be nice addition to the Boxster in my opinion

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As others have said sell the hard top and get yourself a private plate  😊

Thanks all for such a warm welcome - I will up date my avatar, when I can figure out how !

Yes the rear lights are red, but the exhaust is very black so will need some polishing to get the chrome back.

i have just bought a hard top hoist so I can store it on the garage roof as the chap I bought the car from said it was very useful in the winter, unfortunately at the moment it’s in our hallway which is not popular with my better half!

i have found a small black plastic card type thing in the glove box with a button on it but it does not seem to do any thing when pressed any ideas?

Digital is climate control. Increments is plain aircon. Don’t worry, all the cool people have aircon ;) 

Sell the hard top and pay someone to install Waeco heated seats :D 

On 5/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, CAZ said:

Welcome to the Red Box club :bana:

Or Canesten Club for short. 🙂

1 hour ago, StephenM said:

also I see your temperature read out is digital mine is just low to high with little increments

Then you have Air Con rather than climate control.

There are so many permutations, having two exactly the same in the country would be a stretch.

2 hours ago, StephenM said:

i have found a small black plastic card type thing in the glove box with a button on it but it does not seem to do any thing when pressed any ideas?

You should have a couple of them.  It's for the Tracker, fitted to the car.  I'm assuming it's not active, if the tracker is in the car.  When active, you should keep it with you but not with the key.

the exhaust is very black so will need some polishing to get the chrome back.

Given you have Black wheels are you sure the exhaust isn't Black too?

Oh no - that means I don’t have them !

also I see your temperature read out is digital mine is just low to high with little increments

Mine is also low to high with increments 

Now the bad news - after running the car down for some petrol this evening - and essential provisions 😃 I tried the A/C which is definitely not cold or even vaguely cool - I guess try regarding first ?

Just now, StephenM said:

Also the brakes are not great so I checked the brake fluid and the metre said it needs replacing - hopefully that’s all it is?

Do you have a history file for the  car? If so check when it was last changed. If more than 2 or 3 years and your gauge suggests it's needed then change it anyway. Do you have info on when discs/pads were changed?

6 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Now the bad news - after running the car down for some petrol this evening - and essential provisions 😃 I tried the A/C which is definitely not cold or even vaguely cool - I guess try regassing first ?

You can try, but if the condensers are shot at the front (peeling off the bottom from rotten leaves usually) it's a waste of money. Worth taking a bumper off to look at them, and clean them out anyway. Vaguely £500 DIY to change, probably less.

5 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Now the bad news - after running the car down for some petrol this evening - and essential provisions 😃 I tried the A/C which is definitely not cold or even vaguely cool - I guess try regarding first ?

You can try regassing but unless it is totally holed it will hold enough pressure for a refill then may still leak. The classic answer to this is replace the condensers which is cheap and an easy DIY. I did mine when I got it but unfortunately didn't solve the problem so there is a leak elsewhere which I have yet to investigate.

Archived