New Purchase

Dazzevans

So you'll all be glad to hear that I finally put a deposit down on this beauty. Nick Giles did an inspection for me yesterday and pretty much convinced me that this is the car for me. Its a Tiptronic but that doesn't bother me with my old footballer's knees. 74,000 miles, engine has been comprehensively rebuilt and it is a fairly high spec. Material state is high as well. In Nick's words it needs nothing doing to it for the foreseeable!

Picking her up on Friday (touch wood!)  

IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

Did they mention why it had the engine rebuild? Doesn’t seem like an IMS failure as no mention of the valves/heads and bores must have been ok as no new liners are mentioned. Slipped main bearing?

43 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Did they mention why it had the engine rebuild? Doesn’t seem like an IMS failure as no mention of the valves/heads and bores must have been ok as no new liners are mentioned. Slipped main bearing?

He said the previous owner complained of a rattle and rough running. The garage bought it off him and used it as a lockdown project. They’re a garage rather than a dealer. 

Dont know how I missed this thread! But congrats chap,you'll so enjoy!

See you out soon

Si

Archived