Check engine light. Constant illumination

Cheddar Bob

4 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Ok so took it to Lee. He cleared the fault. What a great guy. 

Lambda sensor issue by the cat. He recommended a spacer to be put in. If it comes back he will take a look 

Were you there today?

I was sat outside from 9am until around 2.30pm - over by the bench outside the Chow Shed, generally chilling and drinking coffee (and freezing my nads off...).

6 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Ok so took it to Lee. He cleared the fault. What a great guy. 

Lambda sensor issue by the cat. He recommended a spacer to be put in. If it comes back he will take a look 

Told you it would be emissions ;)

Sounds like a handy resolution.

1 hour ago, rowbos said:

Were you there today?

I was sat outside from 9am until around 2.30pm - over by the bench outside the Chow Shed, generally chilling and drinking coffee (and freezing my nads off...).

I was being burnt to a crisp by the Chow shed a couple of weeks ago - no fun not being aloud in the waiting room with a TV and a loo to hand - but at least your black beast is now sorted.😊

22 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

You're a good man, to be sure.

Not that good to be fair,

I was going to say 'Lambda Probe' but I was on my mobile phone and wasn't sure of the spelling so settled for emissions :laugh:

27 minutes ago, CAZ said:

I was being burnt to a crisp by the Chow shed a couple of weeks ago - no fun not being aloud in the waiting room with a TV and a loo to hand - but at least your black beast is now sorted.😊

I may have made use of the special field loo opposite...  thanks, yes the beast is back!

2 hours ago, rowbos said:

Were you there today?

Yep. I arrived at 3 ISH left a few minutes later. 

Always worth a meet if anyone heads to Lee's place I'm close by 

9 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Yep. I arrived at 3 ISH left a few minutes later. 

Always worth a meet if anyone heads to Lee's place I'm close by 

Ah just missed you then, it was lonely sat shivering outside 😃

Good idea, a shout out for a mini meet at Lee's in future...

2 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Ah just missed you then, it was lonely sat shivering outside 😃

Good idea, a shout out for a mini meet at Lee's in future...

Plenty of nice looking cars on site... Funny how they were all Porsches. Must be a Porsche garage nearby 😂

7 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

as mentioned above, surely you can only over rev in downshifts? or down very steep hills and not changing up a gear/using the brake

Yes hitting the limiter isn't an over rev. The other term is rev range and hitting the limiter can be stored. The other rev ranges are true over revs.

http://www.911virgin.com/porsche/rev-range-information

15 hours ago, edc said:

Yes hitting the limiter isn't an over rev. The other term is rev range and hitting the limiter can be stored. The other rev ranges are true over revs.

http://www.911virgin.com/porsche/rev-range-information

load of sweaty if you ask me. You buy a porsche to rev the nuts off of it. My ex boss had a gt3 rs, said he wasnt able to go past 6000 revs or some cr*p like that, for warranty.

if i spent that sort of money on a high performance car, id want it to rev like buggery

33 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

load of sweaty if you ask me. You buy a porsche to rev the nuts off of it. My ex boss had a gt3 rs, said he wasnt able to go past 6000 revs or some cr*p like that, for warranty.

if i spent that sort of money on a high performance car, id want it to rev like buggery

That's bullshyate. My understanding is that OPC won't renew a warranty if it falls outside their parameters on over revs or too many occurrences in the over rev rev ranges. Hitting the limiter itself and a GT3RS must have 2k rpm at least left to go won't trigger an over rev. What a waste of a car never going over 6k. 

2 hours ago, edc said:

That's bullshyate. My understanding is that OPC won't renew a warranty if it falls outside their parameters on over revs or too many occurrences in the over rev rev ranges. Hitting the limiter itself and a GT3RS must have 2k rpm at least left to go won't trigger an over rev. What a waste of a car never going over 6k. 

Yep I'm with you. A serious waste of a car and the money.... Being my boss at the time I couldn't or didn't want to question too much. 

I'd be furious if I was told I couldn't drive the boxster to above 6k... And I'd completely ignore the advice also 

3 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

I'd be furious if I was told I couldn't drive the boxster to above 6k... And I'd completely ignore the advice also 

It's just starting to get on song at 6K 😁

3 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

My ex boss had a gt3 rs, said he wasnt able to go past 6000 revs or some cr*p like that, for warranty.

I wonder if it all got a “bit quick” above 6k rpm. Have pax’d in a couple and they are mega above 7k rpm - their rev limiter is set at 9k rpm in the latest versions.......

58 minutes ago, map said:

I wonder if it all got a “bit quick” above 6k rpm. Have pax’d in a couple and they are mega above 7k rpm - their rev limiter is set at 9k rpm in the latest versions.......

In a straight line though... 

Archived