Something leaking

Dazzevans

Went for a drive with the missus down to the south coast (40 mile round trip). I parked back on my drive, and when my daughter got home about 20 mins later she pointed out some water leaking just aft of the drivers side front wheel. Looking underneath water was dripping from the tray about an arms length in. I pulled the tray down a bit and a fair bit of water fell. Any ideas what this could be? It has no discernible smell. My drive is slightly sloped so it may be leaking a little forward of that spot. 

Had you had your air con on full blast with the roof down? If so it’s just moisture from the air con working overtime in this heat, I had similar on the hottest day of the year in my 986 a few years back 👍

By way of an update, I drove it yesterday with no air con on and it was fine. From this I can deduce that:

a. It was condensation

b. The aircon is working perfectly if it created that much condensation as it was only in for about 10 mins!

If you have the Aircon on with the roof off in warm weather it will work overtime. I've had the internal duct under the steering column drip cold water on my ankles when driving for some hours in 30+ in Europe. 

1 hour ago, edc said:

If you have the Aircon on with the roof off in warm weather it will work overtime. I've had the internal duct under the steering column drip cold water on my ankles when driving for some hours in 30+ in Europe. 

I’ll bear that in mind! 

Archived