Errrrr..... no

Terryg

Seriously?? It’s been Atlantic rain here the last few days but true it’s sunny now. 
Cant get a good pic now as an end cap snapped and I should replace it before dropping the roof, so I’m effectively in a Cayman at present!

49 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Seriously?? It’s been Atlantic rain here the last few days but true it’s sunny now. 
Cant get a good pic now as an end cap snapped and I should replace it before dropping the roof, so I’m effectively in a Cayman at present!

OK forgiven, love the colour of your car.

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

What bit do you need?  I never drop my roof. 🤭

Just now, Terryg said:

The "Tinnitus One Who Bought A Car For £5k Less Than The Equivalent Cayman" then.

Fixed it for you. ;) 

15 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Do you now need to ban yourself ?🙃

Careful, I might ban the wrong user. :ermmm: 

@ArafI assume Tinnutus has some relevance to the fact you don't lower the roof? Did the extra structure required to to stiffen the Boxster to Cayman standard not cancel out any financial saving?

Am I up for a ban now?

Just now, Terryg said:

@ArafI assume Tinnutus has some relevance to the fact you don't lower the roof? Did the extra structure required to to stiffen the Boxster to Cayman standard not cancel out any financial saving?

Am I up for a ban now?

A sloppy Boxster chassis is fine by me and tinnitus is aggravated by wind buffeting. 

Porsche are the ones who should be on a ban.  The Boxster was a company saver so was priced keenly.  When the Cayman came along, they couldn't bring themselves to price it below the Boxster to reflect manufacturing costs.  It is only since the 718 that the prices have finally been realigned.

1 minute ago, Araf said:

A sloppy Boxster chassis is fine by me and tinnitus is aggravated by wind buffeting. 

Porsche are the ones who should be on a ban.  The Boxster was a company saver so was priced keenly.  When the Cayman came along, they couldn't bring themselves to price it below the Boxster to reflect manufacturing costs.  It is only since the 718 that the prices have finally been realigned.

We all live to fight another day then😏

13 minutes ago, Araf said:

Interesting commentary on the pricing, I'd never clocked that in the history.

I'll take a Boxster chassis any day too , I think they did a great job. 

I won't take one which looks like it ram-raided the bodyshop section of Halfords, but that's personal taste and we're back full circle to that 986 is NSFW...🤭 (in my opinion)

I forget what they call that thing he has bolted on the back (is it a diffuser?) anyway it looks terrible and you can see it doesn't fit the bumper, I don't like those "dam" type front bumpers on 986s and those exhaust pipes, what can I say?

5 minutes ago, Terryg said:

I forget what they call that thing he has bolted on the back (is it a diffuser?) anyway it looks terrible and you can see it doesn't fit the bumper, I don't like those "dam" type front bumpers on 986s and those exhaust pipes, what can I say?

Strikes me as another example of 'trying too hard'.   And agree with @JonSta's comment re MX5.

13 minutes ago, EXY said:

Nice wheel though, would be nicer with an anthracite centre colour,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Might just have a pic kicking around that would illustrate my point,,,,half-a-mo :)

I definitely feel a full mo at least has now passed.

Archived