Private Number Registrations

woodysnr

I know a lot do not subscribe to them but have them on all my cars all my initials  B D W  I have seen a plate P27 BTR which would suite a 2.7 Boxster . My question how would owners feel showing that you have a 2.7  engine in their car as opposed  to a say 3.2   3.4    3.6   4.0

Brian 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, woodysnr said:

I know a lot do not subscribe to them but have them on all my cars all my initials  B D W  I have seen a plate P27 BTR which would suite a 2.7 Boxster . My question how would owners feel showing that you have a 2.7  engine in their car as opposed  to a say 3.2   3.4    3.6   4.0

Brian 

I think the number of people who would even guess that the 27 was related to having a 2.7 litre engine in the car is vanishingly small. Also if they did get the connection, they would by definition already know it was a 2.7 by the lack of S badge.

If you’re seriously worried about this, add an ‘S’ to you boot badge and paint your callipers red and this will confuse the onlooker long enough until you are out of sight before they burst into laughter and start pointing.

The term ‘first world problems’ springs to mind🤣

Don't think there is anything wrong with probably only the people that want to present they have a 3.4 I guess. Not sure why the 2.7 is more than capable on the roads.  

Now misplaced plates they really gets up alot of people's goat, I'm on a couple of number plate FB pages and the stick people get when they post up misplaced plates 😃

22 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

If you’re seriously worried about this, add an ‘S’ to you boot badge and paint your callipers red and this will confuse the onlooker long enough until you are out of sight before they burst into laughter and start pointing.

....at the lack of centre radiator inlet in the front bumper? 🤓

Cheers, Baggers.

I think your question is nothing to do with the plate - or it's a common question that is usually asked in a different way, ie how do S owners feel about 2.7 owners who fit twin exit exhaust tips, paint their callipers red, or most heinous, add an S on the back. (For a capital offence, add the S without bothering to re-centre Boxster....)

My answer? If their intent is to mislead, I find them a bit vain. If they just like the looks of twin tips or red callipers, it doesn't bother me.

We are all accused by petrolheads of "not owning a real Porsche" anyway. It's just another level in the caste system.

How can you tell it's a genuine 3.4?  Look for oil dribbling out of the exhaust... ;) 

[rushes off and looks for wood to touch...]

2 hours ago, woodysnr said:

Agree    but it's mainly a  question amongst some owners .Oh it is only a 2.7 you drive .😀 

Nowt wrong with a 2.7! And anyway, anyone in the know can already tell from the lack of an S on the back, assuming it's not been de/rebadged.

Im running a 2.5 and proud, Its not the size of the nail its the size of the hammer and all that, a good driver will be able to outgun most versions of the Boxster if said drivers skill are not up to much compared to the 2.5/2.7 driver

Thanks for your replies ...have had numerous Porsches over the years to including 5 Boxster from 2.5   2.7 3.2  3.6  3.8 . so never been a badge snob and changed the badges/colour calipers  to show the car for something it is not ( apart from the delete Boxster badge on  my 987  Spyder ),though I like the look of  red calipers on the cars  .possibly end up with  my initials as can use on any future  car as BTR is  Porsche specific . 

3 hours ago, the baron said:

Im running a 2.5 and proud, Its not the size of the nail its the size of the hammer and all that, a good driver will be able to outgun most versions of the Boxster if said drivers skill are not up to much compared to the 2.5/2.7 driver

I'm running a 3.4 so that means I have a massive nail but my hammer is tiny look it could not be much smaller. 

Oh and according to @MenoporscheI also dribble from my pipe. 

5 hours ago, bagss2 said:

....at the lack of centre radiator inlet in the front bumper? 🤓

Cheers, Baggers.

987.1 S don't have a centre rad* 🤓

Is this true for 981s too?

Archived