Recommendations for plastic screen cleaner?

Mattman42

thanks - does Toothpaste actually work? seen it referenced for cleaning headlights as well that have faded, but didn't seem to do a very good job of clearing those.

Will try one of the recommended polishes - that should do the trick!

2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

thanks - does Toothpaste actually work? seen it referenced for cleaning headlights as well that have faded, but didn't seem to do a very good job of clearing those.

Will try one of the recommended polishes - that should do the trick!

Hair gel works a treat.  Which is handy as you've probably got a bit of stock ;)

Tried the PlastX last weekend as mine is very cloudy, only done one side so far but hasnt made any difference so far.... will see how it is once i do the other side!

Had to stop early as had polished the car all over and a builder down the road started cutting concrete leading to a dust storm and an unbuffed car! grrrr

I found 'DR WACK Cabrio Rear Window Polish Cleaning Solution' sourced from Amazon to be pretty effective and easy to use.  Took away some yellowing seemed to make it a bit more pliable and help reduce halo effect around the beams of following headlights. 

It is alleged to be the product Porsche branded for this purpose before they dropped it from their cleaning products when plastic windows were phased out of the product line up.

31 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

I found 'DR WACK Cabrio Rear Window Polish Cleaning Solution' sourced from Amazon to be pretty effective and easy to use.  Took away some yellowing seemed to make it a bit more pliable and help reduce halo effect around the beams of following headlights. 

It is alleged to be the product Porsche branded for this purpose before they dropped it from their cleaning products when plastic windows were phased out of the product line up.

I used this and it was ok, but to be fair the only thing that would sort my screen out is a new one.! 

This stuff is meant to be very good. 

It is two part, the first softens the plastic again, the second cleans it. 

https://morethanpolish.com/product/hindsight-plastic-screen-restorer/

I used Renevo a few weeks back, to be honest I wasn't impressed . It made the screen lose some elasticity, felt a more brittle. 

Sure enough, a few days later, albeit when it was only 4ºc outside, I put the roof down and the rear screen cracked. 

I bought a used gen 2 hood with the glass rear screen, as no one round here who can replace the plastic screens. 

1 hour ago, gIzzE said:

.... when it was only 4ºc outside, I put the roof down and the rear screen cracked. 

Temp would have been the determining factor here.  Lower or raise the hood below 10°C at your peril.... its in the manual.

Yeah I know, however, after I had cleaned the rear screen with the Renevo, there was a couple of areas that seemed to go much more brittle, maybe I put too much pressure on rather than the cleaner itself. But I did think of the product above after I had done it and thought maybe there is something in their claim of restoring the elasticity of the plastic? 

Archived